Wednesday 18 September 2013

Card for my wonderful Godmother



I wanted to share a card today that I made for my Godmother this week. She turned 83 years old and I wanted to make a card that was modern but also had a more 'mature' aspect to it. She loves gardening, so found a floral paper from my Lawn Fawn 6x6 pad 'Bright Side' collection. On top of that I placed a purple flower paper (from the same pad). I won a craft pack recently from Artful Crafts (a fantastic craft store in Timaru, New Zealand) and it contained these black enamel dots from Kaisercrafts. I don't usually use black but they seemed to fit in well with the Webster's Page's Fabric Sticker I found amongst my goodie box. I decided to emboss the white cardstock with a filigree type pattern, which added the 'maturity' that I thought it needed.

She loved it and I'm pretty pleased with it too. Was worried for a while that I would only be able to come up with designs for kids??!! Maybe because I'm a big kid at heart myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment