Friday 25 October 2013

My Lawn Fawn Products have arrived!!!!






I have been loving Lawn Fawn  products from afar for months and trying to find someone in New Zealand who either stocked them or could get them for me. Finally the wonderful Ella at Artful Crafts  in Timaru, was able to get them through their supplier. So I now have in my possession:

Into the Woods                  6 x 6 paper pad
Into the Woods                  4 x 6 clear stamps
Woodgrain backdrops          4 x 6 clear stamps
Peace Joy Love                   6 x 6 paper pad
Peace Joy Love                   4 x 6 clear stamps

Have spent the last two nights sitting up till 1am playing around with the stamps and trying to colour them in so they look kind of cute. I don't own any Copic Markers and love watching the tutorials that Lawn Fawn has of people colouring in their critters etc. I ended up raiding my 8yr old's gel pen sets, markers and crayola crayons. I showed her in the morning and she thought the critters looked so cute but I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I finally sat down last night and made this card. At this point I only own ink pads in black, green and sky gray from Versa Color.  Definitely need to order a nice red and light blue. 

The string of lights stamp is quite long and I only have one small acrylic block about 10cm square so had to become inventive. I ended up by using a lid from a Sistema container. The stamp stuck to it quite well and was see-through so I could see where the lights were going. I have my eye on a Fiskars large rectangle push down stamp thing. I see alot of people using them in their tutorials. Fingers crossed no one outbids me!!!

Pouring with rain here today which is great for my garden and maybe I won't feel bad making some more cards during the day today instead of gardening.  Have two more cards to share with you, will save them for tomorrow (unless I make a million today....).

Take care
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment