Monday 16 December 2013

More late night card making

I really must find a way of going to sleep at a 'normal' hour each night instead of early the next day but there are too many jobs to do and so many card ideas to try out!!
Both of my children take gymnastic classes and they finished last week. We caught up with Max's coach today to pick up his badge and certificate, and it gave us a chance to thank her for all her help over the past 2 years (as he will have a different coach next year). She is a lovely lady so I wanted to make a card that's feminine but not girly. I'm not usually into flowers but just love this paper by October Afternoon 'Travel Girl' Collection. It fitted perfectly with some silver cardstock and is simple but sweet. 

Then last night it was back to xmas card inspiration. I decided to try and do a card that was a bit more masculine, not quite so 'candy caned' (if that makes sense).
To be honest, I'm not sure that I like it but the more I look at it, the more I think its not too bad. Definitely out of my comfort zone but so good to try something else. The papers are from Studio Calico 'Magical' 6x6 pad.
And then of course I had to get a bit of red and white in there somewhere. I had some a silver Versacube arrive the other day and couldn't wait to try it out. I think its gorgeous and I'm definitely a 'pigment ink' girl. The paper is from Echo Park 'Happy Holiday's' Mini Theme. And I'm just loving this silver twine I found at local $3 store. It so lovely to use and easy to tie, its a wonder its not on every single card!! Must remember to go and buy some more just incase it disappears after xmas has passed!

My next purchase to aim for will have to be an embossing gun, some Versamark ink and some embossing powders. I love watching blog videos of people heat setting their powder, the effect is incredible.

I didn't put it on my Santa List and my birthday isn't until August...don't think I can wait that long......

Take care
Shona


 

No comments:

Post a Comment