Friday 17 January 2014

My Mum's 74th Birthday

Its my Mum's birthday today and we are going around to her house for a family dinner tonight. The idea was for us to take around the meal/dessert/birthday cake but my Mum had other ideas. She is now retired and so bored, she said that she will do it all, no arguements! Doesn't quite seem right for someone to cook on their own birthday but I'm going to spend the weekend with her so will make it up somehow.

I decided to make her card last night using the beautiful peacock paper. Once again, I wanted the paper to be the star:
 My Mum is very much like me, doesn't like anything too flowery or frilly, so kept it simple. I used the reverse side of the paper underneath. It still has the pearl shimmer and has this gorgeous green ombre shading. Can't live without my enamel dots so still had some matching shades.

The kids has made some fantastic pictures for her and I bought her a whole lot of CD's of music from the fifties and sixties. Since being on her own she is listening to alot more music so hopefully she will get alot of enjoyment from these.

I'm not back home till Sunday night but I'm taking ALL of my craft gear with me, so will surely have some cards to share on Monday. 

Enjoy your weekend!!
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment