Monday 24 March 2014

Happy Birthday Anita!!!

Since I started my blog back in September 2013, I have had such wonderful comments left by incredible crafters. I was really nervous about sharing my designs with the world but these women have given me alot of advice, support and courage to step out of my comfort zone and I am now LOVING the experience.

One of these amazing women is Anita with her blog My Papercraft World. Her cards are incredible and she inspires me so much. She also writes the most thoughtful comments about my cards and I always look forward to hearing from her.

Another incredible crafter is Darnell with her blog djkardkreations. She is very well known in the 'crafting world' and is very welcoming for any new bloggers she comes across and introduces them on her blog. I just think that is so amazing and thoughtful. And she makes brilliant cards too...she's the whole package!!

Well, Darnell had heard it was Anita's birthday recently and decided to throw her a party! She has a link at the end of her post 'Anita this ones for you' and invites people to link birthday cards they have created for her. I have decided to join the very large group of friends wishing her a 'belated' birthday.
I really hope you like this card Anita!! I immediately thought of this design when I knew it was your birthday. I decided to use a technique (inlay die-cut) I've learned in the Online Card Class. The heart die is from CAS-ual Fridays and the sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Year round Sentiments'.

So, thank you Anita for all of your support and can't wait to see what card designs you will inspire me with next!!


Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Another truly CAS card. Again very original and Anita will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and I am sure Anita will just love it! There are so many wonderful and amazing ladies out there is blogland and I have to say that both of these ladies on my list of favorites, so sweet and kind and so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Shona, I love how you have created your inlaid heart in the brilliant gold and pink! And the little dots are perfect and perfectly placed!! This is going in my to-CASE folder! I know Anita will love it, too! I will shoot her an update of the linky list so she knows about it!! Thank you for joining the party!!

    And thank you so much for your very kind and complimentary words. I'm blushing!! It is a joy, at my age, to see young people embracing this wonderful hobby of card art. Your work is fantastic ~ some day you will be the grandmom in Blogland, welcoming new young card artists. I love the thought of that!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shona ... what a simply stunning inlaid card ... I adore the fabulous pink and gold heart ... it's so deliciously grapic and gorgeous ... and of course, I love all that glorious white space! Thank you so much ... for such a beautiful card, for such wonderful words (blush, blush, blush) and for joining in to make my surprise party so special! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete