Sunday 13 April 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 12

What a fantastic time I had last night! Dave took Phoebe, Max and Phoebe's best friend Ella to house-sit at a farm yesterday after lunch. They only just got back at 11.30am, so I had the house to myself for nearly 24hrs.....bliss! 

So I really got stuck into a few card challenges and caught up on some movies I had been waiting to watch.
Another gorgeous photo for inspiration this week. Such lovely, soft pastel colours in all my favourite shades. It was hard to know where to start!
I absolutely love the way the drawers are painted and how the handles aren't all square. So tried to show my inspiration with paper pieces in similar colours and angles. The triangle paper underneath was inspired by the gorgeous pillow on the white chair. I also spotted the gold tip of the shoes (on the floor) so reflected these with my gold hearts. 

Such a different card for me but I absolutely love it! The sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. The triangle paper is from Teresa Collins 'Family Stories'. The yellow paper from My Minds Eye 'Happy Day'. The pale green and duck egg blue paper from Carta Bella 'So Noted' and the pink paper from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date'. The gold hearts are from The Warehouse.

I hope you do have a go at the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #12. The photos each week are so beautiful and so are the cards created by the other participants. Can see this becoming a very popular challenge in the future!!

The house is back to its usual loudness and filled with giggles and laughter, just as it should be. I really enjoy spending a bit of time alone but the best part is seeing my family again, it makes me love them even more.

Take care
Shona

 

 

3 comments:

  1. So cool, Shona ... I love what you picked out of the inspiration photo ... and how you translated it onto your card! Fabulous graphic design! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you picked up on the drawers and echoed the angles with all your patterned paper strips! Such a great idea and really well executed too! And thank you so much for your kind words about my challenge - I certainly hope you're right about it becoming popular! ;-) Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete