Wednesday 16 July 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 24

Wow, time sure does fly by! I can't believe that the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge is in its 24th week...thats amazing! Taheerah chooses the most gorgeous inspiration photos, so each week many ideas go running through my head.
Of course the gorgeous turquoise colour caught my eye straight away this week but so did the pink grid pattern on the left side of the photo. I'm still not sure what it is but the lines stuck in my head.  And some of the boxes have a slight greyish tone to them, which I love.

I was then also inspired by the photo for the Curtain Call Challenge where they are celebrating their 1st Anniversary with an 'Anything Goes' theme.


More glorious shelves! I loved the light grey wall colour and the darker pink in the vase that holds the flowers on the corner of the desk. With all these ideas swirling around in my mind, this is what I came up with:

I'm still obsessed with my new 'window' metal die from Pretty Pink Posh and keep coming up with new ways to use it. Paulina (who owns PPP) must think I'm crazy with the designs I've come up with but I don't own many dies and try to use them as many ways as I can.

I cut the windows from two different colour journal cards and placed them over top of each other in different directions. I trimmed the edges, glued together (where I could) and then spent FOREVER trimming tiny pieces of foam tape to pop it up on my card. I LOVE IT!!!

The journal cards are from We R Memory Keepers. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and enamel dots from Papervine.

Apart from entering this card into the Curtain Call and Cure for the Monday Blue's challenges, I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Virginia's View #5 where the theme is 'Die Cuts'. I think this is my 4th entry, they will be getting sick of me.....

And also to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Let's Be Clear', hopefully my windows will fit the bill.

One more card to post. We are in the last few days of the school holidays. We have had a lovely time with the weather but today has been bitter indeed. It mean't I could squeeze in a few cards today without missing out of any fun and ended the day playing scrabble with my 9yr old Phoebe. Such bliss.

Take care
Shona


 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun mix of challenges...love your window card!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Shona :-) I love the window die cuts and CAS design, stunning ! fabulous take on the inspiration challenge too ,,, love it ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, I love these colors. I love this card too. You are really giving me such great ideas for this die. Paulina wouldn't think your crazy, your designs are different then what I've seen so far. She is having a design team call, I would send her these cards. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is fun Shona! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure are getting so creative with this die, Shona ... great colours and what a fun design ... fab challenge combining too! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on both challenges. Nicely done! Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shona, this card is outstanding! I love how you layered the dies...and I really appreciate your participation and will never get tired of your entries :) So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome combination of frames to create this window effect! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete