Tuesday 23 September 2014

Mod Squad Challenge - Sweet Tooth!

If you've read my posts before (and hopefully you have....) you may have read about my addiction to Peanut M&M's. I'm hoping that if I mention them enough, maybe one day someone from M&M Head Office will see my blog and send me boxes of them for being such a loyal customer. You never know.....

So, when I saw the theme for the Mod Squad Challenge this week was 'Sweet Tooth', I just knew I had to join in with all the calories.

Now, wanting to join a challenge and having ideas for it can turn into a big pile of custard when you realise you have no stamps or dies that resemble anything sweet (although I did remember after making the card that I do have the word 'sweet' as a metal die...duh!). So.....





Planted lollipops it is! I was very lucky in August to win a stamp set (with matching dies) from WPlus9 called 'Fresh Cut Containers'. I die-cut the three different planters and then used a hole punch to cut the lollipop heads. I then had to find a way of doing the lollipop stick and to my surprise I hadn't realised that in a stamp set from Neat and Tangled I had won ('Across the Card') there was a single-line stamp. Perfect! I inked this up in black as long as I needed and stamped for each stick.

The yellow planter and lollipop head were stuck directly to the white panel. I popped the blue and pink planters and lollipops on foam tape for a bit of dimension. After stamping the sentiment, the panel was stuck to the card front with foam tape as well. I actually covered the lollipop heads with Wink of Stella but it looked awful, so cut three more heads and covered them quick smart! 

The card turned out all sweet, colourful and clean, just as I had hoped it would. Hopefully everyone will see lollipops like I do!

The papers are from Lawn Fawn 'Let's Polka' and the sentiment also from Lawn Fawn 'Life is good' (really like the font). The enamel dots are from Papervine.

As I've used pattern paper for this card, I'm going to link this as my second entry into the challenge at A Blog Named Hero #52 where their theme is 'Papers, please'.

And since this was my first time using my WPlus9 metal dies, I'll join Darnell with her NBUS (never before used schtuff) Challenge No. 2. There are only a few days to go before that one ends.

And will also link this card as my third entry into the Artful Crafts - September 2014 Challenge where my card colours are similar to the inspiration colours:


Right, my eyes are fading fast so must get my linking done and off to bed. A bit chilly tonight so I'm glad I put my electric blanket on. Dave has already gone to bed though, so there is a chance he has turned it off.....hope not!

Take care
Shona

14 comments:

  1. Love these bright colors and patterns! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy peanut M&Ms for one reason, and that's because if I have one then I have to eat them all until I feel sick, it's a true illness lol. Uber funky card Shona, those lollipop flowers are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't have any nuts in the house :( grandson has a severe nut allergy. But we do love them ! I would eat them all.
    Your card is darling,and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Triple cuteness all over this schweet card, Shona!! Very clever of you to find something to make it work, as Tim Gunn would say! Your patterns, sticks, and candy tops are set perfectly, popped up perfectly, and the sediment and dot bling are, well, perfect, too! I guess you can tell I love this one!! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok this is serious CUTENESS!!!! I can totally see that peanut m&ms are your inspiration and btw...they are super yummy too! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and creative, Shona ... who wouldn't want to grow lollipops in planters ... or chocolate ... or ice cream ... or ... ok, I'll stop, I can feel the calories all around me! Brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lolly Pops? How much fun is that! Very creative and fun. I love that idea. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. You snuck this one under the wire and won! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I love this! So fun and so sweet. And those colors are so wonderful together too. You are so funny about the peanut M&M's. I do not like chocolate but there is something about plain M&M's that I love. I have a statue of liberty green M&M dispenser on my craft table and always keep it filled. I love have the seasonal ones too. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping back to congratulate you on the win at Mod Squad, Shona! I'm not surprised!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now clever to plant lolly pops! And I love this paper pack from Lawn Fawn! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fresh colour combo and your fun design - love your thought process too! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete