Friday 10 October 2014

Pinkfresh Studio! - World Card Making Day CASE Challenge (second entry)

Back on WCMD, Jennifer of Just Jingle was a Guest Designer for Pinkfresh Studio!. They were showcasing some of her amazing cards. And they were also running a challenge, asking you to CASE one of Jennifer's GD cards and link it to the post. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Pinkfresh Studio! and as I unfortunately don't own any of their yummy products, I thought this might be my chance!

This is my second entry for this challenge. My first entry is here. For this CASE I chose a different card:





You know I love triangles! If only I had some white pigment ink, I would have taken my card in a different direction but working with what I have, I think it worked out pretty well:




I found this gorgeous wood-grain paper with this fantastic chevron-type pattern and adhered it straight to my card front. I then cut a strip in white cardstock and stamped the sentiment. This was adhered to a slightly thicker strip of gold card and glued over the paper. I attached some gold heart sequins and pink enamel dots reminiscent of the pink card used on Jennifer's card. Really happy with how it turned out and hope you like it too!

The patterned paper is from Echo Park 'All about a Boy'. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Friday's 'Shenanigan's. The gold hearts from The Warehouse and enamel dots from Papervine.

I've got one more card to post and then I'm off to bed. I don't think I've been to bed before 2am all this week and its starting to catch up with me. We are going out for brunch tomorrow morning which is such a treat for us. I can't wait to be able to eat without having to clean up afterwards...thats the treat for me!!!!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your take on Jennifer's card and that woodgrain paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work...love that Echo Park paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool graphic look, Shona ... so beautifully softened by the curves of the sentiment and the yummy bling! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you reworked this! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete