Thursday 4 December 2014

TIME OUT Challenge # 20

Its exactly three weeks till Xmas.....are you ready???? I most certainly am not but just love the rush and excitement between now and the big day. Plenty of time to make some more Xmas cards too!

Speaking of making cards......I hope you have time to join in with our latest TIME OUT challenge. This time we have a gorgeous card to 'CASE with your own twist' from the amazing Amy Wanford (aka Aimes):


I really recommend you visit her blog Crafting Confessions, her designs are really spectacular and I'm a huge fan. You'll find many more fabulous cards like this one!!

We also have a Guest Designer joining us for this challenge, Milla from Mustesormi. Her cards are so sweet and delicate. I'm sure you will love visiting her blog too!

I just love the crisp, white layers of Aimes' card and the simpleness of her greeting. Light blue is one of my favourite colours and I knew I had the perfect paper to combine this and some snowflakes:


I started off by cutting a rectangle of patterned paper and adhering straight to the card front. I don't have any landscape/hill dies, so had a go at free-hand scissor cutting. Pretty pleased with my white hill! After die-cutting the cloud I used foam tape to give it some height and a few rhinestones underneath for snowflakes.

I also popped the white hill on some foam tape, added some glue to the back of the veneer house and tucked it just underneath. On a strip of vellum I heat embossed the sentiment in silver and glued it across the hill. I don't make 'scene's very often on my cards and now I know I can make my own hills, I think I will do it more often!!

I'm going to link this to the Inkspirational Challenge # 70 where their theme is:

Will also link to the AAA Challenge # 29 where their theme is:


And I can imagine this won't be the only time I enter the Curtain Call Challenge - Clearly Christmas, as the inspiration photo is beautiful:


Lucky last is the fantastic Uniko Studio Challenge # 16 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I've entered this challenge quite a few times, Bev will probably tell me to stop soon!!

Righto, you have two weeks to enter the TIME OUT challenge and the design team have created some incredible projects on the blog to get those creative minds working. I really hope to see you there and can't wait to see what you create!!

Take care
Shona




21 comments:

  1. wonderful scene and love the big sentiment-thanks for joining us at Uniko and Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card. Love how you've built up the scene. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful. I love the wood house...perfect touch of contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super stunning Shona and love the little scene - gorgeous.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card, Shona! I love that veneer house and the little snowy scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little scene is too cute! That wooden house is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic CASE! Love the little house and your use of the vellum. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply brilliant! Love this, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection!!! You don't need dies, Shona! Though I do have many you could play with when you visit!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun CASE and use of blue - Thanks for joining in with AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Shona! Love the vellum, little wooden house and basically just the whole card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet little scene, Shona ... the shimmery bling is fabulous with that cute wee heart house! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is simply adorable! I LOVE it! Thank you so much for your kind words and for creating such an amazing CASE of my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your gorgeous card Shona - the little house is adorable:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely precious! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful snowy scene with wonderful dimension. Love how you CASE Aimes' card & thank you for linking up at the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just too sweet. I love your adorable wooden house sitting under that sweet cloud and the raining bling...just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful. I love a great snowy hill. thanks for playing with us at curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I'm so glad I enlarged this image for a "up close". I love this card! Thanks for playing Blue Christmas at AAA Cards, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card - love the little house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such pretty card, I love the snowy hill (well done for cutting it free hand!) and the way you used the rhinestones for snowflakes, so pretty. It was lovely being a part of the DT for this challenge, thanks for having me :)

    ReplyDelete