Thursday 22 January 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge # 106

Its been a while since I joined in with a challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch , so when I saw that my wonderful bloggie friend Michele from I Card Everyone had been invited to join their Design Team, I just knew I had to play. Michele is an incredible designer and I really encourage you to visit her blog!!


I was blown away by the cards the CAS(E) this Sketch Design Team created with the above sketch (you really should have a look!!)

I had an idea evolve when playing with some die-cuts last night. This is the end result:

 I lost count of how many heart die-cuts I ended up with after doing this card but I'm well stocked for Valentines Day!!

I actually started by using distress inks on some white CS to create an ombre effect but it turned into a bit of a disaster. So searched thru my 6x6 paper pads and came across an ombre coloured paper. I used a heart die to die-cut hearts from different sections of the paper. 

After arranging the hearts over the card, I glued between the hearts where they touched (incredibly fiddly!!!). Unfortunately I then sat on the carpet and cut out millions of tiny strips of foam tape but was able to talk with Max about life in general (he is 8yrs) at the same time. These were attached to the back of the hearts, wherever they wouldn't be seen from the front and pressed on to the card. I stamped the sentiment in black, a sprinkle of sequins and voila!

The heart die is from CAS-ual Fridays. The sentiment from Rosies Studio. The tiny pink sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the larger one from Neat and Tangled.

As usual, I've got a few challenges to link this card too. First up is the Inkspirational Challenge # 74 where their theme is:


Next I will join the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Have a heart'.

I will also join the Uniko Studio Challenge # 17 where their theme is 'Love and Friendship'. This is my third entry.

And finally, I'm linking to the CASology Challenge Week 130 where their theme is:


I have two friends that I thought of when I made this card, one lives oversea's and the other in a different part of New Zealand. I think about them both every single day and wish we had a chance to talk more often and see each other. Might have to use some of my leftover hearts to make a similar card, so I can send a card to them both. Nothing like getting some love by mail!!!

Take care
Shona


 

25 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is stunning Shona, love everything about it. Thank you so much for joining in with both CASology and Uniko Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love how you've layered the hearts Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so very elegant and detailed, a stunner Shona. Thanks for joining Ink and Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! LOVE the ombre pink hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great valentines card! The hearts are so perfectly inked... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing Shona! I love the ombre effect you did and it's a great take on the challenge! your CAS designs are to die for! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet...lovin' those fabulous hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ombre hearts, Shona...beautiful, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the sketch! Love the ombre overlapping hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning, my friend! Oh my goodness, I cannot stop staring at it... love the scene you've painted for us about Max.. how precious.. would love to have heard that conversation! YOU are so right about mail... I wrote a sentiment about it years ago... "sending love - thought you'd enjoy something besides bills"
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those hearts look amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card!!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool interpretation of the sketch Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Shona!! I love the ombre hearts your have going down the left side of your card. So pretty. You are so good at CAS cards. Love this one. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome interpretation of the sketch and thanks SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I love the ombre effect of the different colours of pink. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great design, so perfect for the ombre look. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shona!
    You're invited to come play along with us! Word Art Wednesday has weekly Anything Goes Challenges with GREAT prizes every week. We hope you will join us here:
    www.wordartwednesdsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool! I love those ombre hearts, Shona! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, Shona ... the ombré is gorgeous! The CTS team thought it was brilliant too ... congratulations on winning a Favorite spot ... yay! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohmagod, I LOVE this, Shona!!!! I'll bet it wins ALL the challenges. Ah ha, I see from Anita above that you won at CTS - whoo hoo! And congratulations on the HM honor from CASology, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous card, Shona! I love the ombre effect you created and your hearts are just beautiful!!! Congrats on your HM at CASology and Favorite at CTS!!!

    ReplyDelete