Thursday 19 February 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch # 110

Talk about a last minute job!!! I've had an idea for this card all week but no time to tackle it. Until dinnertime tonight....

The sketch this week for the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge got my brain going into overdrive about cake. Why cake you ask????



I thought that shape in the bottom left of the sketch was kind of like a bite mark, where the shape of the teeth are left behind. And I also love cake, and what better piece of food to show a bite mark!

I stamped the cupcake with pink ink and then set about die-cutting the bite mark. I found a die that's like a doily with intricate twirls and patterns. I've never used it because its too hard to get the paper out but the outside shape was perfect.

After stamping the sentiment (which I cut the stamp to get it to fit) in the same pink, I got out some Spun Sugar Distress Ink and tried to watercolour the icing. I tried blending it so that it was darker along the top left edge so it wasn't so flat but it didn't go so well. I covered the icing in Wink of Stella, a couple of quick sequins and voila! One layer of yum!!

The cupcake stamp is from a set called 'The Afternoon Tea Set' but I don't know the brand. The sentiment is from Jillibean Soup 'Birthday'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm also going to link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 79  where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my third entry.

Will also link to the Less is More Challenge # 211 where their theme is 'One-layer - Love'. And even though you all know I love Peanut M&M's with a passion, good-fudgy chocolate cake (or cupcake) comes a very close second. So you definitely could say this is a 'love' card!!

QUICK UPDATE!!: I'm such an idiot. I have an idea for another CASology Challenge # 134 card and went to the Gallery to make sure no one had used the same theme, and have realised this card isn't there. I hadn't connected it at all!! My fault for doing it all at the last minute. So I'm linking it now and hopefully the wonderful girls at CASology won't tell me off!!



I'm off to bed to rest my weary body. I've sorted out two extremely overgrown gardens this week and they look absolutely amazing now but boy do I feel like I'm about 100 yrs old. I love it though, nothing better than being out in the sun, my ipod blaring and me singing while I dig thru the dirt. Bliss!

Take care
Shona 



 

20 comments:

  1. Great idea and love your cut-out !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you turned the scallop shape on the sketch into a bite! Super creative take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very innovative Shona! Great interpretation of the sketch! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and sweet card...love your yummy looking cupcake. Looks like someone took a big bite too! So fun. Just wanted to make sure you received my emails, sent you 2 or 3 of them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS!!! Could do with a cupcake right now actually! This is so clever!! Love it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun design, Shona! The bite mark really made me smile and a cupcake on a card is always a winner for me :) Sounds like you have been busy but I do envy you all of that fresh air and exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea and looks so great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card and idea with the bite from the cake.
    Super fun and adorable CAS and one layer Shona.
    Well done on all that digging - you must be incredibly fit and despite the pain it'll be worth it to see such beautiful garden.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design, oh so fun... I love cake!! and have the best chocolate cake recipe EVER with not one egg needed! Love that bite... indeed perfect! Thanks for sharing a bite with us at CTS!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super FUN and creative Shona!!!!! Yummy is right!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever is this card! Love your creative touch Shona ! Thanks for joining us at CTS !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi saw your wonderful card over at LIM, love the bit eaten out! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one really made me titter Shona, what a fun idea!
    Superb card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Shona!! Totally awesome. I love how creative you are. You amaze me all the time. I love the bite out of the cup cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this! So creative to have a giant bite taken from that adorable cupcake. Love the light and airy feel of this card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology, and so glad that you remembered to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea! Super card Shona
    Thanks for joining our love challenge
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, so fun, Shona ... and very yummy! Hope you're getting some rest in between all that busy-ness! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete