Saturday 21 February 2015

CASology Challenge - Week # 134


I have to admit that when I saw the cue word at CASology  this week, I had to have a quick look at Mr Google to make sure I understood the idea. It basically means something that is coloured in all the same colour or tones of the same colour. 

I've already linked one card to this challenge that was pink and white but had a sudden 'brain flash' this morning around 6am. I'm so known for all the white I leave on my CAS cards, how could I not make an all-white card??!!!


I didn't quite think it thru with regards to trying to photograph an all-white card, so hopefully you can see all the detail.

I started by die-cutting the 'hello' from the card front and then die-cutting it two more times from white CS. I glued the three words together and put a piece of white CS behind the card front. This way I could in-lay the word into the card. I cut a small banner from vellum and heat embossed the sentiment in white. I put tiny pieces of double-sided tape behind it to adhere to the card. Three white enamel dots and I didn't get a dirty mark on it....yippee!!

The 'hello' die is from The Crafters Workshop. The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm going to link this card to the House of Cards - February Challenge where their theme is:


Will also link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 79 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my fourth(?) entry.

Off for a walk soon with the kids (both Phoebe and Max have their best friends over). Its quite a steep hill but such a beautiful view. The boys are going to take their toy guns and play war in the forest on the way down, hopefully they don't jump out at anyone. We are going to Nelson for the day tomorrow. Its a 2hr drive from here and is a city, so can go shopping and go to the big, golden beach. Fingers crossed the weather will be good!!!

Take care
Shona
 

21 comments:

  1. Hope that sleepover went well! I was up for hours in the middle of the night with one of our youngest, so can appreciate the tiredness your end also. This, however, is a refreshing site for sore eyes! Absolutely love this calm, serene, monochrome-ness. Perfect! What more can I say? 😉 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this white on white. So clean and unsmudged. Yay. Some days I cannot keep anything white around my craft room, so I applaud your design as well as execution. Thanks so much for playing along again at CASology this week. Keep em coming, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely perfect CAS and what monochromatic colors but white, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING, Shona! I adore all that white on white...it's brilliant! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Shona! So simple and so effective!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't get much more monochrome than this, Shona, and it is as gorgeous as a W-O-W card can be!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow at the beach and shopping!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is just lovely - I so love the white on white, well done photographing.

    Oh how I miss Kaiteriteri beach. I spent many a summer there as a child....hope you guys are enjoying the 'big city' lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Seems we all forget that this is monochrome too! Beautiful how the vellum gives it a soft touch. Enjoy the sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is definitely a lot of white space on this card :) It looks very elegant - I love the touch of vellum and stacked die cut! Hope you have a fab day shopping and at the beach....I am very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh ... crisp, clean and so beautiful, Shona! Enjoy your trip! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, not just monochrome but white on white and it totally rocks! So much interest thanks to the dimension and shadows. Glad you joined CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did it! An all-white card with no smudges anywhere. Wow, I'm impressed! I don't think I could pull that off! Your card is so pretty and elegant. I like the multiple-layered Hello die cut and the vellum piece. Great job! Hope you had fun on your outing. Everyone I know is dealing with SNOW...lots of SNOW. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beaautiful CAS card. Love the all white for its elegance. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the white ellement on your card perfect portion..I guess you are quee of CAS card Shona and I believe your card will be a winner on Casology Challenge ..adorable made and I want to add thanks for joining HOC challenge too..hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, Shona! I've never made a card in all white, and your card made me want to give it a try. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Thanks again for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautifully simple and perfect card! So striking and unique! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take care,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. so simple. I love it! Thank you for joining in with HOC! Pat DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shona...love the white on white. Really gives your cards a classic look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete