Friday 27 February 2015

CASology Challenge - Week 135

This is a scary post for me and I've ummed and ahhed a thousand times as to whether I should post this card or not. I've tried something new and I so need a lot more practice but hey, if anything it will give you a bit of a laugh, so why not!!


So, this week at CASology their cue word is 'mini'. Oh how I wish I had a stamp of a 'mini' car but that would be way to easy. My daughters best friend is Ella and her cat gave birth on Friday night. We saw the kittens a few days ago and they are so teeny tiny, I thought that a kitten would be good for this card.

I also had a stamp set that I haven't used yet (with matching dies) because I really need to colour them in. I've been procrastinating and practising with them and now here is their debut:



Good grief I hear you say when you take a look at my colouring skills. I have a very long way to go but I just love the stamps in this set, so please bear with me.....

I started by stamping and die-cutting the butterfly and kitten. And then set to work colouring them with pencils (as best I could). I popped them both up on foam tape and added some Wink of Stella to the spots on the butterfly wings. I stamped the sentiment in black and added three tiny sequins and my first coloured critter card was done.

So my tiny kitten, tiny butterfly, very small sentiment font and smallest sequins I could find, come together for my 'mini' card.

The kitten, butterfly and sentiment stamps (with matching dies) are from Die-Versions 'Cats Meow'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Since this is a birthday card, I'm going to enter this in the Showcase your Style Challenge # 9 where their theme is:


And will also link to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 18 where their theme is also 'Birthdays'.

I'm also going to link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my third entry.

And this will be my last entry into the Simply Create Too Challenge # 79 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This challenge is about to finish and I'm sure they will be glad about that as they will be sick of seeing all my cards in the Gallery!!

Its just gone midnight and I should be going to bed but want to watch a bit of tv to wind down after blogging away here for the past few hours. I'm off to spend the weekend with my Mum tomorrow night. I'll take most of my craft stuff with me, so can create all weekend while snacking on junk food and laughing with Mum. Can't wait!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

23 comments:

  1. You are crazy Shona-your colouring is amazing-you should see mine!! Such a cute take on the challenges and so pleased you joined us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so sweet and cute. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology and in with the Uniko Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness.....sooooo SWEET

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute! That kitty and butterfly<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitty is adorable! And you shouldn't be so hard on yourself about your coloring! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Great coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at showCASe your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you just stop, Shona... this is adorable!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love CAS cards, and yours is adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute and mini Shona - so glad you linked up at Uniko Studio
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so perfectly done and very very cute. I cannot imagine what you were hemming and hawing about...I would be so proud if I could make something half this nice. Thanks for deciding to post and play along at CASology this week and have fun with your mom this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colouring and shading is amazing! I love this take on Mini! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is lovely - a really cute mini card. Love the kitten! Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Shona!! This card has won me over!! I'm not a cat lover but your cat is so cute and I love how he is trying to get that butterfly. Beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your coloring skills are VERY fine, Shona! I adore the design and colors! Your talke on Mini theme is perfect! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, Shona ... that wee kitten playing with the fluttery butterfly is just adorable ... such a great take on mini! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet!! Love it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I luv luv luv that kitty running for the butterfly Shona
    this is a cuuute Scene you made
    I adore your CAS style you are really a queen at CAS if I can say
    Love this much
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see your cards around a lot and I am always so impressed with you and your excellent stamping style!! Your cards always seem to have so much character - that is probably why I see your name as a winner in so many places!!! So very impressed with you and this beautiful, sweet card is no exception, it is cute and colored well and styled so well!! Awesomely CAS!!!
    Taunya Butler
    daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute! Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super super cute! Love the CAS design! Thanks so much for linking up to the Uniko Studio Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete