Tuesday 24 February 2015

Guest Designer at Muse Challenge # 106

This is one post I thought I would never find myself writing but here I am, I'm your Guest Muse for this week!!! I've been so excited, you should have seen me jumping around the house squealing when I read the invite from Ardyth. I was actually so shocked, I made a card for the wrong month!! Thank goodness I didn't publish the post...how embarrassing!!

Trying to decided what type of card to make really stressed me out. So I had to sit myself down and have a serious talk with my crafty self. This should be fun and I should be enjoying the opportunity, not worrying about what people will think of my work. So, I went with what I love....simple, with lots of white:
 

I started by cutting a white panel slightly thinner than the card front. Down the side of the card I heat embossed in silver the circle/heart stamp. Once dry I used Distress Inks to water colour each heart. I stamped the sentiment on the panel with black ink and added three tiny hearts die-cut from white CS and coloured with Distress Ink. Some foam tape was added behind the panel and it was popped on top of the card. Done!!

The sentiment and circle/heart stamps are from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters'. The heart dies are from Paper Smooches 'Tiny Hearts'.

I'm going to link this card to the Little Tangles Challenge # 53 where their theme is:
Will also link to the Simply Create Too #79 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

I'm also going to enter the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - February where their theme is:


And lastly I will link to the Artful Crafts February Challenge where their theme is:


I really can't wait to see how your inspired by my card. It could be from the design, the colours or even the sentiment. It totally up to you and I know it will be fabulous!! You have one week to enter this Muse challenge and I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs to see your creations!

See you in the Gallery!!
Shona

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD spot Shona.
    I know what you mean about the euphoria followed by reallity! You did a great job and I hope I get time to play along this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD spot!
    I love the card with your fabulous white embossing and watercoloured hearts. Amazing and perfect sentiment! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shona. I can picture you squealing and bouncing all over the place. Your card is Beautiful. An excellent celebration for the new position. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your GD spot! You made such a sweet card! Love the row of embossed hearts on the side and the tiny die cut hearts around the beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suberb card to CASE Shona and hope to get round to it this week.
    Well done on the GD spot and what gorgeous flowers and design.
    Hmmm ... off to get my thinking hat on! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you know I'm heading off to my craft room... laundry can wait!!! So happy to see your in the Muse Club as a guest designer this week... what fun! xoxo
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Shona! This is such a gorgeous card! I love how you water colored the hearts and the sentiment is so pretty! Thanks for your inspiration at Muse...I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Muse GD spot, Shona ... how exciting ... and fabulous! Gorgeous card, sweet little pops of colour, so much wonderful white space ... and so you, my friend ... fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card is really beautiful with the hearts!! I love the shimmer! Congrats on your GDT spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No surprise at all Shona. Your cards are all gorgeous! Love your inspiration card for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your GD spot Shona and I am totally in love with your gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspiration this week - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheering wildly at your GD spot at Muse, Shona and oh my...what a gorgeous card you've created to inspire us! In awe...and since I haven't used my N&T in a while, I have no reason not to play!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats non being this weeks muse! And I love your card! Great CAS-design! The embossed circles look great. Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Congrats on the GD, Shona - I am always inspired by your work so it is great to see you at Muse :) I shall do my best to play along. Love your card - love the border of hearts and perfect use of lots of crisp white space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats and fabulous card Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on being GD at Muse, Shona!! LOVE this beautiful CAS card. The embossed heart border is so pretty and LOVE the font of your large sentiment. Great design! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being GD at Muse, Shona!! LOVE this beautiful CAS card. The embossed heart border is so pretty and LOVE the font of your large sentiment. Great design! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet card! I love how CAS it is, but the raised panel and the embossing are such great details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the GD at Muse, its a fabulous card! I can totally see you in this card, with plenty of white and a super CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my I'm very late! Thanks so much for being our Guest Muse, Shona - you've inspired a lot of beautiful cases from the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shona....a big congrats to you on your guest design spot over at Muse, so well deserved! I could not wait to play along with you, so fun and your card is just as beautiful as they come. Love the soft sweet colors and the wee bit of shimmer!

    ReplyDelete