Thursday 5 February 2015

TIME OUT Challenge # 24

Wow, wow, wow.....our last challenge (#23 Valentines Day with optional twist of hearts) was so popular and we had a huge amount of incredible entries. It was wonderful wandering around the gallery leaving comments and being inspired by so many of you. Thank you all for entering!!!


For this Time Out challenge, we have this gorgeous card for you to 'CASE', which means you can create a project that is inspired by this card in any way you like. This card was designed by the amazing Kylie Purtell of Kylie is Addicted to Stamps. She has crazy good card making skills, is involved in quite a few challenges herself and she is always coming up with something new. I really encourage you to visit her blog!

We also have a Guest Designer for this challenge and this time its the one, the only, Sarah of Sazzle Dazzle Crafts. I'm sure you will have seen Sarah's cards entered in many challenges and she is also on a few challenge design teams. You really must visit her blog and prepare to be inspired!

I was really drawn to the flowers on this card. I don't use them very often on my cards as I don't have many floral stamps but was dying to try out my new Uniko sets, so this was the perfect time:


I love this flower stamp so much! I don't know what it is, maybe the curves of the petals but I really wanted to make it the star! I started by die-cutting the tag twice and glued them together, just to make the tag stronger. I stamped the flower in the three different colours and then the sentiment in black. For some reason, no matter what sequin or enamel dot I tried, nothing worked so I left it bare. Does that ever happen to you?? I put a hole in the top and tried (many, many times....) to tie a bow. Some foam tape was adhered to the back of the tag and it was placed on the card front. 

The flower stamp is from Uniko Studio 'Flower Power #3' and the sentiment from 'Flower Power #2'. The stitched tag die is from Pretty Pink Posh and unfortunately I don't know where the ribbon is from (came as part of a prize).

I'm going to link this to the CAS on Sunday Challenge # 51 where their theme is 'Flowers'.

And will also link to the Retro Sketches Challenge # 151 where their sketch is:


You have two weeks to enter your project at TIME OUT and if your needing any inspiration, please visit the blog to see what fabulous designs the rest of the DT have created for you. I really hope you have time to join in and look forward to seeing you there!!

Take care
Shona

19 comments:

  1. Hi Shona, beautiful card, that's a great flower stamp! It happens to me all the time that I don't know where to put sequins or other embellies and I just leave my card bare... Yours looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that flower stamp. The little yellow ribbon is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for having me at Time Out! Xx

      Delete
  3. I also am not a flower person really AMD am surprised I have found some one like me! However I have to say that the Uniko sets are so gorgoeus and easy to use you have to showcase them. And this card needs nothing else except the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your CAS take on this design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on Kylie's card and loving those uniko flowers you've used. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out too shona and your kind words. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean, crisp and oh so CAS. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly clean and simple, perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Shona. I love your beautiful pair of flowers. You always seem to create just the perfect cards. You really have a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have made this lovely bloom the star of the show, Shona ... it's so striking against all the yummy white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love those flowers, Shona... and you've stamped them perfectly... and simple as they need to be - no dots, sequins needed!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shona, your card is so lovely, especially in allowing those pretty flowers to take the stage! I have that set; you've sparked incentive to bring them out for some much-needed play time. Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and sweet card! I love those colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stamping and lovely CAS design - I love how you make the images shine! I think this must be one of the few Uniko sets that I dont have :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful CAS card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your card is beautiful as is. That flower and the colors are so beautiful! Great job with the case!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great label; love the stiches-border! And beautiful flowers!(they look good in every colour) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete