Thursday 19 February 2015

Time Out Challenge # 25

Zoom, zoom, zoom......that's what my life feels like at the moment. Have been flat out with gardening work and fifty million other jobs. I'm exhausted!

However, it does mean that its time for another TIME OUT   challenge and this time we are taking inspiration from the words:

                                     ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK

You can be inspired by the phrase itself or by the individual words to create your masterpiece.

For this challenge our Guest Designer is the forever fabulous Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs. Hazel is the most amazing designer and her cards are out of this world. I totally recommend popping over to her blog for a visit.

I didn't get too carried away with my inspiration for the card this week. This was the first thing that popped into my mind:


I tried something new this week for my stamping and yes, that is grey card stock instead of my usual white CS...really going crazy this week!

For the background I stamped the clock with Versamark Ink and that was it! It worked out perfectly. I was worried that bits of fluff etc would stick to the stamped images but it was all okay.

After cutting the strip of vellum, I heat embossed the sentiment with silver. I don't have many colours in my card stock stash. So when I was at a hardware store the other day, I remembered that Michele from I Card Everyone uses paint chips all the time. So I found the paint department and went crazy, ending up with a zillion large sample cards.  One of them was this gorgeous mint colour that I cut into a strip for under the vellum.

I used tiny strips of double sided tape to stick the vellum to the strip and then foam tape to pop up on the card front. A few mint enamel dots and Bob's your Uncle!

The clock and sentiment stamps are from Hero Arts (unfortunately purchased second hand so don't know the name of the set). The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this card to the Simply Create Challenge # 79 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

You have two weeks to enter your project to the TIME OUT challenge, so I hope you get a chance to play. Please stop by the TO blog to check out the Design Team creations for amazing inspiration. Hope to see you there!!

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. I really like the clean, simple layout. Love the sentiment on the vellum. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply perfect. Love your colour choice too :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant design! Love the grey card base and vellum sentiment - really classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! You are so sweet Sho!! Thank you for your shout out!! You are so generous with your praise!! Love this card and your innovation behind the vellum too!! Paint chips - a master stroke!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that grey cardstock and love your stamping! The velum lights it up just enough; clever! It is a great card for both a man or a woman. Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredible to think that I've shared my love of paint samples with YOU Shona... could not believe my eyes! You will have the most fun ever with them... it's a bit addicting! And the colors!!! I adore your card, and was also influenced by that fabulous Hazel this week!!
    =] Michele xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona...what a card...reminds me of Cinderella with all those clocks. Love your sentiment stamped on vellum too, just so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the smooth grey card stock, thank you so much for playing with Simply Create Too, hope you can join our next challenge too :)

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean and classic, Shona ... love those cool colours, they're fabulous with the silver embossing ... and yay for you using paint chips ... so fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your grey base, Shona! Such a great layout and design. I really really like your card!

    ReplyDelete