Sunday 1 February 2015

Winnie and Walter - 1st Birthday Bash - Distress Inks and Pattern Challenge with Mayuri

This is my final entry for the Winnie and Walter Challenges. Fingers crossed I win a voucher as I would love to buy some of the new release but can't afford it!!



For this Distress Inks and Patterns Challenge, Mayuri wants projects using Distress Inks as the palette and to make patterns using various stamps. I played around for ages with my W&W 'Big, Bang, Bling' stamp set as its the only set of theirs I have that isn't just words. After quite a few disasters I realised that if I stamped the sequin row close together, it resembled a gingham pattern:


I can't believe that I managed to stamp this without a ruler and keep it pretty even!!! After stamping the pattern, I stamped a few single sequins up above in the same colour (Picked Raspberry). I cut a strip of vellum, heat embossed the sentiment in white and then wrapped it around the card. A few similar coloured sequins and small gold hearts and I was finished.

I don't use Distress Inks very often and if I do I tend to blend them instead of stamping with them. I find they bleed into the cardstock and don't have good coverage but I suspect its the cheap CS I use. I am really happy with how this turned out though, so might have to try this again.....

The sentiment is from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and You'. The sequin stamps are also W&W 'Big, Bang, Bling'. The small sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the heart dies are from Paper Smooches 'Tiny Hearts'.

I hadn't realised until I was looking through the other W&W Challenges that I had used a similar colour scheme to the Mood Board Challenge with Lea, so will add my card there too.



I will also link to the Fusion Challenge where their theme is 'Heartfull', which hopefully includes my 'heartfelt' thanks with the little metal hearts.


And will link to the Simply Create Challenge # 78 where their theme is 'Happy Valentines Day or use Hearts'. This is my second entry.

And of course I will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

I was supposed to be taking the kids shoe shopping now but Dave has taken them to the pool. This is the first time in seven weeks that I've been alone at home and its quite lovely. So peaceful but its funny how you miss the noises like Phoebe on her ukelele or Max singing away with his headphones on. I have three gardening jobs this week so no relaxing at home for me, so must make the most of this next hour.......

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Hope you had some great quiet time for yourself! Love your beautiful card...your persistence paid off! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little gingham you've created is just darling, Shona! Have to run... there is a turkey knocking on my door... truly! Stupid thing!
    =/ Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and pretty, Shona ... enjoy your quiet time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and you are so ingenious with using your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Shona! super cute card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card with the shimmery sequins, gold hearts and pretty sentiment strip on the vellum - thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing with Simply Create Too, the card is gorgeous.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another really gorgeous card, Shona! The die cut sentiment looks so pretty on the gingham background and I love all the hearts and sparkly sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Shona - you've worked magic with the distress inks (which I'm currently on the outs with!). Pretty, plus! Sounds like you made productive use of your quiet time!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE this!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the sprinkles with the hearts! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete