Monday 16 March 2015

CASology Challenge Week # 137

It rained today!! Actually, it poured down and the kids and I got drenched after school. Normally this would be awful but since this is our second day of good rain for the year, its pretty awesome! I can imagine though there are people on the other side of the world that are sick of the rain or snow and dream of the sun.....


Let's hope those people join the challenge at CASology this week because the entries in the Gallery are good enough to give you a suntan!!

I do have a beach-themed stamp set but as usual I wanted to think outside the square a little bit. Whenever I think of the tropics, I think of beautiful hibiscus and frangipani flowers and the colourful birds and butterflies that fly around them. So I tried to capture this with my card:


Yep, I had another go with my pencils again. Its not perfect but the bright colours were too hard to resist! As you can imagine, this was pretty simple to create. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and then the three flowers. After stamping the butterfly I coloured it in with the pencils, adding a little Wink of Stella here and there . Life on a tropical island would be so good right now....

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn 'Life is Good', the flower stamp is from Waffle Flower 'Loved' and the butterfly is from Fiskars 'Butterfly Flight'.

Since I have a butterfly on my card, I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Things that fly'.

Will also link to the Less is More Challenge # 215 where their theme is 'One layer cards - with an animal'. Hopefully that includes insects......

And lastly I will link to the AAA Cards Challenge # 35 where their theme is:


I have two cards due tomorrow that need some fixin' up and The Walking Dead, Revenge and Fortitude that need to be watched. Thank goodness I can do that all at the same time!! I also have some cheesecake that needs to be eaten, I'm sure I can fit in a piece of that too, somewhere......

Take care
Shona



 

23 comments:

  1. Love how you were inspired...awesome use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sho! There is something very peaceful about this card, despite the gorgeous bright colours! Those pencils are working very well for you, my dear! thanks so much for having fun with us at CASology this week. Actually I could do with a piece of cheesecake. it's been a while... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing combination of the challenges! I love how you've carried the colours from the butterfly to the little flowers! So great to see you at Muse this week. And check out my blog today - my card is inspired by one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, cheesecake sounds good! Love your CAS card and I do love the sentiment, got a few of those shirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply and adorable
    I love the color choice you put here Shona
    so much white space and I think I see a winner here on CAS challenge
    adorable Card as always Shona
    see you soon on my Bikini Tropical card :) and thanks for love you leave on my card for TIME OUT challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they don't allow butterflies, I say they are crazy. Yep. Shona that would be me, over here, on the other side of the world, sick of snow.... WAIT. Did you say cheesecake?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully CAS. LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona....this is just so tranquil and sweet. Love your wonderful images too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crisp, colourful, gorgeous and stunning Shona.
    Love your take on the challenge and glad to see you've linked up at AAA Cards too.
    Sarah (Less is More & AAA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Shona, it's not quite the sort of creature we were thinking of but I guess insects are part of the animal kingdom!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way the colours almost lift the buterfly of the card! Great CAS-design again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design !! Love it ! I am also following you !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just noticed this in the gallery at AAA and fell in love with it, Shona! You take my breath away!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shona, given my obsession over butterflies, you know precisely my response..swooning and totally in love! Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello Shona! sweet card, luv the butterfly! I am so thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome love it!!! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards CAS Challenges ---ALSO CASology! We have a NEW CASology up now, RIGHT UP YOUR alley Shona!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That butterfly image is wonderful and you've coloured so perfectly. Such balance and harmony. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your beautifully coloured butterfly really conjures up thoughts (and dreams!) of tropical islands, Shona ... it's gorgeous with those co-ordinated wee blooms! Now, what was that about cheesecake ...! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Walking Dead and Revenge :) (Never seen Fortitude, might have to give it a shot). Loe the card too! The colors really help give a tropical feel and overall it's incredibly CAS - perfect for the challenge at AAA. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards Challenge! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with this CAS card - it is just so perfectly simple! Thanks for joining us at AAA Card Challenge! Justine :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely bright card!
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this pretty spring card! thanks for joining in at AAA--

    ReplyDelete
  23. EXCELLENT! This is CAS perfection, Shona! Thank you for your bare naked creation at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete