Friday 27 March 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 256

I think Friday's are a great day for a new challenge to start, as you have the whole weekend to relax and think about what you will do. So its fabulous that today is the start of a new Just Add Ink Challenge.  


This week we have this fantastic sketch to get your creative brain buzzing away. I had quite a few different ideas but decided to keep it clean and simple:


I've been pushing myself to use more patterned paper and this was the perfect chance to try it out!

I die-cut the patterned paper into a large circle and adhered it directly to the card front. I then die-cut the tag with the windows. I cut very tiny pieces of foam tape to stick to the back of it, so it could be popped up over the paper circle. I die-cut the 'thanks' three times from a paint sample chip and glued the layers together. This was adhered directly to the tag. After punching the hole, I spent forever tying a bow with the blue ribbon. Not one stamp in sight....amazing!!

The 'thanks' die is from Paper Smooches. The stitched tag and window dies are from Pretty Pink Posh. The patterned paper is from Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps'. I'm afraid I don't know where the ribbon is from.

I'm going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 19 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'.

I really hope you have a chance to play around with this sketch. You have until Wednesday 1st April 10pm to link your projects. And of course the rest of the Design Team have prepared some gorgeous cards to inspire you over on the Just Add Ink blog. I can't wait to see what you make!!

Take care
Shona 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Excellent Shona. Love the design and soft colors. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that die cut tag! Looks great with this design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your take on this sketch, the window panels showing of that DSP in inspired. I am off to check out what the DT did as I may have a little idea sneaking into my head and thanks for joining Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea of the tag having windows Shona - adds a whole other dimension! I'm not sure I've ever managed a card without a stamp but I love how your turned out. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft colours, and the beautifully simple design, Shona. That window tag is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Shona, a fabulous design and pretty papers........I love your window cut tag with gorgeous ribbon and die sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A superb take on the sketch challenge Shona and a beautiful CAS card.
    Love that touch of turquoise ... one of my favourite colours.
    Thanks so much for sharing at Uniko Studio.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty background DP, Shona ... love that you picked out the turquoise for the sentiment and bow ... a mutual fave colour! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft, beautiful and clean. Love the idea of the little window, it make me feel happy and thankful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your CAS take on the sketch this week Shona! Just gorgeous and the window tag is adorable too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful take on the sketch, using the pretty paper behind the *I want this* window die cut. Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love all those great layers. Thanks for linking up to the Uniko Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete