Tuesday 10 March 2015

Showcase Your Style Challenge # 10

Last Monday, the incredible Kristina Werner did a video tutorial on Rainbow Stamping with Pigment Inks. The effect looked so amazing, I just knew I had to give this a go.

It then just so happens that I saw the latest challenge at Showcase Your Style and I took this as a sign to actually try this technique out because it would be perfect!!


As you can see, a technique called 'Rainbow Stamping' is definitely one to experiment with for this challenge. It was actually a lot of fun, a bit messy and quite surprising. Here is the final result:


It actually worked......Kristina Werner, you totally rock!!!!!! Can you imagine the possibilities of different stamp colours mixed together and using all sorts of different stamps. Yes, you do get different coloured inks on the pads but they all wiped off with a paper towel. I really encourage you to watch Kristina's video and give it a go yourself!!

I started this card by die-cutting the rectangle panel and then cutting a slightly larger one in gold CS. I used the Rainbow Stamping technique by stamping one half of the stamp in red and then the other in yellow. I kept repeating this until the colours blended in the middle of the stamp (instead of a line down the middle). I did exactly the same with yellow and green and then green and blue. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold and added three co-ordinating enamel dots.

The gold panel was adhered directly to the card front and the stitched panel was popped up on foam tape. I don't usually do cards of this shape but the hearts would have been to squashed up the other way.

The heart stamp is from Lawn Fawn 'Woodgrain Backdrop', the sentiment is from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters' and the enamel dots from Papervine. 

I'm going to link this card to the Little Tangles Challenge # 54 where their theme is:

I'm also going to enter the Craft Stamper: Take it, Make it Challenge - March where their theme is 'Anything Goes - as long as you use a stamp'. This is my third entry.

Will also enter the House of Cards - March Challenge where their theme is:


And finally, will enter the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Special lady/girly'. This card is for my daughter Phoebe, who is obsessed with rainbows and absolutely wonderful!!!

Right. Bed is calling!! Its supposed to rain tomorrow, which would be wonderful as it would be good for the gardens and would give me the day off from gardening. The kids had their school photos today. It was Phoebe's last photo at primary school and she said she wanted to pull a funny face (which she is very good at...). Luckily the photographer took a good photo AND a funny face photo so can't wait to see them both!

Take care
Shona

 
 

21 comments:

  1. Love that card! Your rainbow hearts look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card:) Those colors are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this technique so will go and check it out because I love your card! The variegated colours and gold sentiment look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts, rainbows, and gold for good measure! Beautiful card, Shona! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the hearts, the gold and of course the enamel dots! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card! You've done the technique beautifully. I saw Kristina's video, too, but haven't had a chance to try this yet. You rocked it, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I think I would like this technique Shona! Got to check it out! Love what you did with it. Also, love your black and white manic botanic theme you have going on with your other stunning card! Your vocation is inspiring you a lot, isn't it?? How can you not be inspired by nature, though? Lovely, lovely cards. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Off to take a lesson... wait... I can't blend to save my life!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna play in that same challenge - such an awesome picture! Love how your card recreates that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, another GORGEOUS card, Shona! I LOVE those sponged hearts and I adore all the gold you use--it's so fabulous! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks stunning! Great stamping! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful ...... I love the rainbow stamping! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my...this is gorgeous. What a sweet trio of rainbow hearts, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw your card in the House of Cards gallery and had to stop by your blog. Love the technique and your gorgeous CAS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rainbow hearts and gold ... how glorious, Shona ... such a beautiful card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love this card!! I love the gold and the colorful hearts and enamel dots-but I love how there is still white space. Wow! Awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great card, I'm going to have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Love the variegated colored hearts with the gold frame, and enamel dots! Thank you for joining our Enamel Dots Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at HOC :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take care!
    Hugs,
    Michele HOC DT

    ReplyDelete