Monday 27 April 2015

Colour Me...! Card Challenge # 68

When I saw the colour combo and the graphic print for the Colour Me! challenge, I totally had to play!

I had an idea for some of my dies that I've wanted to try out for ages and I thought these colours would be a lot of fun:



I grabbed my trusty paint chips and die cut each of the houses. I then set to work die-cutting the circle from the card front and the stitched curved edge from some white CS. I adhered the curved edge first behind the circle. After cutting a piece of white CS for the background, I put it under the circle, glued the houses into position and then glued the panel to the back of the circle. I popped a banner, with the sentiment stamped in black, on some foam tape over the bottom of the circle, a couple of enamel dots and the scene was done.

The house dies are from Simon Says Stamp 'Village' and the stitched-curved edge die from Pretty Pink Posh. The circle die is from Couture Creations and the sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches 'Bitty Bungalows'. Enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 38 where their theme is:


Will also enter the Virginia's View Challenge # 14 where their theme is:


Think I will be spending tomorrow catching up on all my emails from the weekend and doing more blog posts. I only need to go gardening on Wednesday this week and if its raining, will go at the weekend. Its a short week as today (Monday) is a public holiday, so have to squeeze everything into 4 days. Why do short weeks always feel so much longer??????

Take care
Shona
 

13 comments:

  1. I like this card very much.
    The houses goes very good with (?? is it right??) the overall impression.
    LG Flo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable!!! LOVING the little houses and the circle, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Shona! I had the same little houses idea rolling around in my head but couldn't execute it.....yours is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--this is a stunning card! All the subtle details are perfection! Thank you so much for sharing at the Colour Me challenge--you've totally inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, crisp and gorgeous Shona. Love the colours you've used form the Colour-me challenge and a great number of 'holes' in the card. Super clever and fun and thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this is such a sweetheart of a card, Shona! Congratulations on the well-deserved shoutout from Colour Me!! (I bet you win the "holes" one, too!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet neighbourhood scene, Shona ... crisp and fresh ... and with just the perfect touch of yummy colour! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!And a fabulous take on the challenge themes :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shona, your simplicity is stunning and always "just right"! It's darling and sophisticated all at once. Just how many holes" are in that design? hee hee.
    Thanks once again for playing & sharing with us. AAA Cards is having a birthday party hop with presents/prizes on the 10th. Hope to see you there.
    Cheers, Victoria and the AAA Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, Shona. Lots of holes! Love the color palate, the simple design, and that wonderful sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards. Please be sure to come back and check out our birthday challenge and blog hop on Sunday May 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous card Shona! I love the colours of the houses. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you join in for MANY chances to WIN prizes on the AAA Birthday BASH - Right NOW!!
    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete