Friday 24 April 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - April Week 3

I've really fallen in love with Paper Smooches, especially now that someone in New Zealand is stocking their products for amazing prices and gets all the new releases super quickly!! I actually just splashed out on four more dies and I can't wait for them to arrive...hopefully tomorrow....



This week for the Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge there is the ever popular 'Anything Goes' theme. This will be my second entry as I just couldn't resist making a shaker card:
 

I haven't made a shaker card for ages and wanted to try out a different shape. I die-cut the shaker frame using two waffle-square dies with a black paint sample chip. I went to the hardware store at the weekend and pretended I was renovating our house and my Mum's. I had so many different colours, the salesperson must have been wondering what the colour scheme was going to be!!

I made a square card from white CS and adhered the striped patterned paper to the front. I worked out where the shaker window would be and stamped the sentiment in black. I added clear acetate across the window and a layer of foam tape on the back of the frame. I made a pile of black and yellow sequins over the sentiment and stuck the frame down. The 'thanks' was die-cut from yellow CS and also two from white CS, that were all stuck together. I glued this to the frame. Very bumble-bee-ish!

The waffle-square dies are from Couture Creations and the sequins from Papervine. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Uplifters' and so is the 'thanks' die. The patterned paper is from American Crafts 'Serendipity'.

I have four other challenges I want to enter:

Colour Throwdown Challenge # 339 


Showcase Your Style Challenge # 13 


Sugar Pea Designs Challenge # 15 


Papervine April Challenge 


I'm off to my Mum's place now. So far no more earthquakes (touch wood....) so hopefully todays one was the last. We are off to watch Max sing with the school choir at the ANZAC Day ceremony tomorrow, honouring the 100th Anniversary of World War 1. Should be a very proud and moving experience, better take lots of tissues (and the camera......).

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the color combo and fabulous stripes! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have this wonderful collection of gorgeous stripes, Shona, but I adore them! Love the hardware story... and that you've put the paint chips to use again... fabulous card!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool shaker Shona. Love the pretty sequins and the srtiped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shaker card design! Love how the striped background shows through in the shaker element, too. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown and Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona you are lucky to have such adorable stripes dp ...here not easy to get some kind of it hehe I made by my self stripes DP..Shona your shaker card so cute and love the color combo..clever combine of challenge and may I ask is DIEs in your area cheaper??Here I found it so expensive the cheaper one 6,95 Euro some are 24 euro ...just want to compare....Happy Saturday my friend...love it if you can visit me again :)
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fresh and fun, Shona ... such a great shaker! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too stinkin' cute! I love those fabulous colors and your cool shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from this challenge--- congrats! 

    I love that you made several creations for our challenge-- love this shaker card! I really need to try making one! LOL!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav

    ReplyDelete