Sunday 24 May 2015

CASology Challenge Week # 147

Its been a while since I've played along with the CASology Challenge , due to sickness and lack of mojo, so I thought it was time to get my 'CAS' hat on and go to town....


I've never actually made a card for a wedding before and didn't think I would come up with anything for this challenge. However, I was playing with some geometric designs for another challenge and this one hit me from out of the blue:


Now, this might be just a bit too CAS for a wedding card. But when I looked at the interlocking rings I thought of marriage itself, wedding rings, tuxedo's (black and white), gold jewellery etc and this card just came to life. 

I die-cut the 'Ring Trio' (from Paper Smooches) from black CS and glued them together. I worked out where they would sit on the card front and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment stamps (from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy') in gold. I then just adhered the rings in place. Simple, striking and hopefully makes sense!

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 56

Simply Create Too Challenge # 86 (Keep it Simple)

Happy Little Stampers - May CAS Challenge


Winnie and Walter - The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 2 

Its supposed to be minus -1 degree's (celcius) in the morning with a huge frost. Not the best time of day to be going off to school on our scooters, if its too cold we might have to go by car instead. Makes me feel very sad for all the kiddies we pass freezing to death. 

We came across two little kids a few weeks ago (6yrs and 5yrs) that had no gloves or jackets and the Mum just dumped them out of the car (with their scooters) and drove off with the 6yr girl crying and begging her Mum to drop her at school because it was so cold. How could she have left her children like that? Talk about cruel. I helped them out and walked slowly to school with them. They were smiling by the time we got there and I had done my good deed of the day!

Take care 
Shona

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. What an awful story. So glad you were able to help the children.
    Love your wedding card. CAS perfection in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, crisp, striking, Shona ... beautifully CAS! What a story ... how lovely you were able to be a guardian angel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS design Shona, Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Clever idea to use that circle and sentiment
    great CAS Card Shona
    we just finished funeral my MIL
    She passed away yesterday on Saturday
    No pain more on her brain I and my Hubby feel more light cause it was hard time and thinking of her sickness..now she will get Heaven I hope and happy without pain more..
    I love your CAS card and I miss your visit Shona
    Hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gloriously graphic and so simply symbolic! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative design! I said the other one was awesome, but this one is, too! You've really come up with something meaningful. Love it! AND...I'm so glad you helped those children, especially the little girl who was crying. You're a special person, Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good that you helped those kids and gave them some comfort by walking with them, Shona.

    Love your card ... very creative! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect CAS-design! Sometimes the sinple things like walking with those kids can make all the difference... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a sweetheart for making the cold, crying childrens' journey much 'warmer'. I don't understand what motivates people to do things that just aren't nice...Your comfort, I know, added much joy to their day. And speaking of joy: how marvelous your wedding card is. You've captured the essence of marriage perfectly with your interlocking rings. LOVE it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this one too - makes me think of Lord of The Rings for some reason! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete