Thursday 9 July 2015

CASology Challenge Week # 154

This is my second entry for the CASology challenge and with such a brilliant 'cue word', I can imagine it will be very popular indeed!


 
A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a voucher for Whimsy Stamps and my goodies arrived yesterday. I tried the stamp set out straight away and immediately had an idea for my card:
 

I used a technique that I saw Kristina Werner use quite a while ago and decided to try it out again. I chose all my 'colour pairs' from my pigment inks. I ink one side of the balloon and then the other side and keep tapping on each ink pad until they are blended in the middle. Its a lot of fun to do and the different coloured ink you get on the pads just wipes off. 

I then stamped the bows, strings and sentiment in black, with a couple of sequins for sparkle.

The balloon, string and bow stamps are from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Everything'. The sentiment is from Lil' Inkers 'Rainbows and Clouds Sentiment'. The purple sequin in from Neat and Tangled and the pink from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Seize the Birthday Challenge where there was 'No Topping' for me this week:


Will also enter the Curtain Call Challenge where they are celebrating their 3rd anniversary all month long:


And will also link to the Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge where their theme is:


Going to be another cold night and morning. Snow has been turning up in strange places around the country. It hasn't snowed here for years. Someone told me it gets too cold to snow and someone else said its to do with us being too close to sea level. Who knows but would be nice for the kids. They might just have to make do with the frost in the morning. And we froze some containers with water a few days ago, so they can do some ice sculptures tomorrow. Should have frozen one for myself!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

23 comments:

  1. This is super lovely! I saw that video too but haven't tried it out yet. The balloons look fantastic! I like how it seems that the colour has been passed on to the next balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card. Love your inking technique, the ballons look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so cute! Love the technique with the colours, I've never seen it before.

    So very,very sorry to hear about your daughter having migraines, especially at such a young age. It's a hard thing to have, especially since people think it's a headache and you can just take a couple of Advil. I wish! Everyone will have a solution to offer, if you don't have dairy or citrus or blah, blah blah, you'll never have another migraine again. I wish! I even had some one tell me that people with migraines bring it on themselves by not avoiding their "triggers". ( Oh, do I ever hate that word!! ) Well, for many of us, the only way to avoid our "triggers" is to die. Seriously, how else do you avoid genetics, hormones and weather??
    Here's my advise to you. Check out the Migraineur Misfits on FB to get a better understanding of what it really means to have migraines. Protect her from the ignorant people with all their ideas for cures. Understand that she doesn't mean to mess up family plans and outings at the last minute, we have no control. ( I no longer commit to anything, rather than annoy people by not showing up. Hopefully she will never get that bad.) Keep a lot of soft ice packs in your freezer, although not a "cure', the cold helps slow down the inflammation caused by dilated blood vessels. It does provide some relief from the pain. We (my sisters and I as well as others),mostly apply the ice pack to the side of the head the migraine is on, but you can also try the back of the neck. Laying face first in a snowbank can help too (don't ask me how I know), but it upsets the neighbours!
    Finally, be wary of some of the drugs used as preventatives. The side effects can be very scary.
    I hope that she never gets worse and only gets better. I can't even tell you how truly sadden I am, and I wish her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card and the two toned balloons looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You HAVE been busy Shona! Another great card! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, your balloons are stunning. Thank you for sharing the technique and for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Love the two-toned balloons ... such a great technique. Your sentiment is PERFECT for the card. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    Ice sculpting sounds like a lot of fun ... you definitely need include one for yourself next time. Would love to see pics of the finished sculptures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all these pretty balloons lined up just so. Fantastic coloring on them as well. Love how they are blended so perfectly in the center. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Shona...love all your fabulous balloons. They are so festive and fun, like a party on a card! This year's weather is so strange...it rained at my house this morning, we never get rain in July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how this turned out! I don't think I saw that technique before and will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the super inking you did! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. The balloons are shaded beautifully! Thank you for joining us at CASology this week and t the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sensational card!!!! Love those balloons!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers, Shona, this is amazing! Your placement is perfect and those two-tone balloons look so great, LOVE this! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely row of 2 toned balloons. Very prety card. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card !!! I love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card !!! I love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deliciously fun and celebratory, Shona ... such a happy card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow! these balloons are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Shona...you have rocked the challenge as well as this technique - and talk about a stunning showcase of your new stamps! Brilliant and innovative, my friend...in every way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your two-tone balloons look fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the different colors of your balloons!! The look is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the well-deserved Show Stopper at Curtain Call for this awesome card, Shona!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete