Thursday 22 October 2015

REMINDER: Time Out Challenge # 42

Hi everybody!! Popping in quickly to remind you about our current TIME OUT challenge. We have this amazing Halloween photo to inspire you:


Would love some of these sitting on my front deck if I lived somewhere that celebrated Halloween. Its not a big thing in New Zealand and you would be lucky to get one trick or treater. But the good thing is that they always have lots of horror movies on the tv, so I celebrate that way!!

I got REALLY dark and spooky for my card this time and didn't even use any orange:



I stamped the skeleton and the top of the casket on some white CS using black Versafine pigment ink. That way I could quickly sprinkle some clear embossing powder on the casket lid and heat emboss to give it some shine. I used the matching die to cut them out and added foam tape to the lid.

I wanted to try and create some depth and a smoky look behind the skeleton so I used my Mama Elephant purple and grey pigment inks with a mini-blending tool. It worked really well, wasn't sure how they would move on the card stock. I adhered the skeleton and then put the lid on top but on an angle, as if he was about to get out as the 'undead'. I stamped the sentiment in black as well and threw on a few black enamel dots. Very cool!!

The skeleton/casket and sentiment stamps and die are all from Hampton Arts. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I have five challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Monster Mash)

Simply Create Too # 96  (Halloween Colours)

AAA Card Challenge # 50



Fusion Card Challenge - All Hallows Eve 


CASology Card Challenge # 169 


You have one more week to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. I hope you get the chance to join in. The rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer TaeEun have some fantastic creations on the blog to inspire you. Can't wait to see your project in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

20 comments:

  1. That smoky touch of grey and purple is inspired and this is the perfect spooky card. I know you love Horror movies so this is right up your street! Thanks for joining Fusion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dark and spooky and perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oke an even better zomby card! And great fit for the TO challenge aswell! ( Bit curious if you have some one to sent it to?) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary, fun and so awesome Shona! You have some brilliant stamps in your stash!
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another really cool 'Zombie' card, Shona! Looks like you're having a blast with your Halloween stamps and dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't realise you were such a ghoul! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling scary looking your card Shona
    woooww
    you have many halloween stamp as you said and you proofe it
    this is cool card my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool and elegant halloween card!!! and spooky too~~~. Love the blended shadow under the casket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you're completely getting into the Halloween spirit even though it's not as celebrated in New Zealand! Fabulous card - I really love the shadow behind the coffin - it really makes it feel creepy. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great CAS card, Shona! I like the font on the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scary and spooky, Shona ... that grey/purple 'mist' in the background is especially creepy! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clean & simple but creepy at the same time - not so easy to put both together! The skeleton and casket fit perfectly well!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spooky and so well done, Shona. Love how you created that creepy shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Love the anticipation of seeing what's inside! The shadow is the perfect grounding and creepy finishing touch! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Halloween card with just the right touch of spooky with that half opened coffin! Thanks for playing along with us in the Monster challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sho, you have effectively given me nightmares this week! These cards are giving me the heebie jeebies big time! Would you ever have guessed I was such a woose?? That blood stained hand is CAS zombie brilliance, your skeleton in his casket is almost audible in its creakiness, and those blood spats... Just freaked me right out! Thanks for sharing your zombie affection with us at CASology this week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cleaver detail. Love the opened coffin. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. And this makes a hat trick of brilliant zombie cards, Shona. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your love for horror movies translates well to this wondrously creative card, complete with creaking casket, peering skeleton and eerie font! In my view: fantastic! Creepy, yet still classy!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete