Tuesday 5 January 2016

AAA Card Challenge # 55

Very excited because I managed to play with some new stamps this week and finished off two cards, which is amazing with lots of kids (and a husband) running around demanding my attention!!


For the latest AAA Card Challenge they are looking for lots of 'glitter'. Its not something I use on my cards very often but I watched a video recently that showed a great way to add strips of it to my cards.

The always amazing May Park did a video a few weeks ago that I finally was able to watch over the weekend. May used strips of double sided tape on her card and then rubbed glitter on to it. I thought this was a fabulous idea. She also created an ombre background and stamped in a similar colour pink, to create a tone-on-tone look. I loved the look so thought I would create a card trying out these techniques:



I recently won on Instagram the stamp set 'Make a Wish' from Create a Smile stamps, thank you so much Jeanin!! 

I thought this would be a good chance to take the stamps out for a spin and use them to create the background. I used my mini-blending tool with Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' and added the to a panel of white CS until I was happy with the coverage. I then added the stars from the stamp set using HA 'Bubble Gum' Shadow Ink as it was a similar colour. I cut a strip from the bottom half of the panel and embossed the sentiments in gold. 

After working out where the panels would sit, I added a strip of double-sided tape to the card front and sprinkles on Wow Gold Glitter, rubbing it on with my fingers. I then popped the two panels up on lots of foam tape. And of course I had to add a few small gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit more sparkle!!

Create A Smile are having a February Guest Designer Search, so will also link my card to their blog and cross all my fingers and toes!!


I have one more card to post and then I'm off to bed. The kids have some friends coming over early tomorrow morning and staying the night. They are brother and sister as well and are like part of our family, so always enjoy having them around. Hopefully with the kids all hanging out I might be able to sneak in a card or two during the day....shhhh......

Take care
Shona
 
 

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Shona. I love the pink and gold together. Beautifully done. I love Ma's creations too! Thanks for the link and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. I love your work! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the pink and gold combo! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and card layout! Love the pink and gold together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink and gold ... such a delicious combination, Shona ... and fabulous with the lovely shimmer and shine! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, you've mastered this technique! Your pink/gold stars-and-glitter card is absolutely gorgeous! Fingers crossed that you're selected for the DT; you would be a perfect addition to the team, especially with this card as a showcase of your exponential creativity and talent!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, Shona! I really like the background!! :) And thank you for linking to my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glittered, stamped, sponged and designed beautifully Shona. Love it and thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love how you split the front panel and your sponging is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink with the gold embossing! The stipe of gold glitter at the bottom just ties it all in. Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Shona! I'm a total sucker for a big bling word against a soft pretty background :) Thanks so much for sharing at AAA cards!

    ReplyDelete