Thursday 28 January 2016

Winnie and Walter - Rerun Challenge # 8 - Entry no. 2

Amazingly I was able to make another card for the Winnie and Walter - Rerun  challenge last night. Once again I had to think outside the box but we 'Kiwi's' are very well known for our ingenuity!!



The focus for this 'Rerun' challenge is the Winnie and Walter 'Scenery: The Party Hangover' stamp set, which I don't own. 



After I saw this fantastic card by Kate Capper, I knew I could do something similar using another Winnie and Walter stamp set:


I started this card off by grabbing a stamp from Winnie and Walter 'Big Bang Bling' that is a short row of square sequins. I stamped these side by side across the card front in two rows. I then die-cut the Winnie and Walter 'happy' from the middle and also from some pink and white CS. I added a panel of white CS across the back of the 'happy' negative to give the inlaid word something to be glued too.

I glued the white CS word in first and then the pink word over top. I then added the 'happy' that was die-cut from the card front on top and up slightly, so you could see the pink CS underneath. I also glued in the middle of the 'P's' and 'A' with the left overs after die-cutting the stamped area. After stamping the 'birthday' in black (from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'), I added some silver and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

It was really good doing this Rerun Challenge because it caused me to use a stamp set that I hardly ever think of. Will definitely use it more often now!!

Will also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Its become very quiet all of a sudden, so better go and check what the kids are up too. Finally have all the stationary that the kids need to start school next week. Now I just need to cover all the books, which is a horrible job because I have to use this sticky plastic material!! Can't believe we have been on holiday for nearly six weeks, it has just flown by. We didn't do anything exciting but the kids and I have spent nearly every day together, which I've loved. And the late mornings have been heaven......

Take care
Shona

 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Shona :) I love how you used a different stamp set such cool thinking. Thanks so much for joining in with Winnie and Walters rerun challenge.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the school break as much as your children. Based on the photos I've seen, you all look like every second was fun, fun, fun. Clever of you to use that stamp set to CASE Kate so card. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the school break as much as your children. Based on the photos I've seen, you all look like every second was fun, fun, fun. Clever of you to use that stamp set to CASE Kate so card. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely ... You've really done wonders with those little teensy sequin stamps, Shona! So cool ... when you come to visit, we'll go fishing together!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, this is fabulous! I have that stamp set & hardly ever use it. You've inspired me to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Shona .... you're making great use of all those fabulous sequins ... great camoflaged die cutting! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I love the fun stamping! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet and pretty card, Shona and a wonderful take on Kate's card! Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete