Wednesday 10 February 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge # 180

Wow, its the second week of February already. Don't tell me this year is going to fly by as fast as last year?? I just can't keep up!! The one good thing though is that we have zoomed around to a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! and this week we have a photo for you:




This is such a perfect inspiration photo for this time of year. All that pink with the chocolately goodness, its a Valentines photoshoot for sure!! You can be inspired any way you like by this photo, its totally up to you.

We are very lucky to have two Sponsors for this challenge. Firstly Stamplorations are giving a $10 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge and with their recent new releases, this is a brilliant prize!



Our second Sponsor is All Dressed Up and they are giving the winner 2 digital images as their prize. Woo hoo!!



When I saw the photo, I knew straight away that I wanted to include a chocolate cupcake somewhere on my card. I have a cupcake stamp somewhere but do you think I could find it!! So had to go in a slightly different direction:
 

I seem to be having a run of one-layer cards lately, which is great because I find they are the hardest to make sometimes but so good to post!!

I started off by using the flower die on the card front. After die-cutting the top and bottom of the cupcake from some paint chips, I also used a stitched heart die on the same pink paint chip and then on the cupcake top itself. The cupcake die is cut usually so you glue the top to the bottom, with the edge hanging over. Hard to describe but its doesn't sit flat. 

So, I die-cut the cupcake bottom first in the white 'flower' circle and then die-cut the cupcake top so it cut into the bottom part and could be inlaid into it. I admit it took my brain a while to work out how to do it but so glad I kept trying!!

I adhered a panel of white CS to the inside of the card front and then glued all the die-cut pieces into place. I stamped the sentiment in black and tried to add some sequins but nothing seemed to work. So I covered the pink heart in Wink of Stella instead!!

The 'Flower Die' is from Waffle Flower. The stitched heart die is from My Favourite Things 'Hot Cocoa Cups'. The cupcake die is from Paper Smooches, as well as the sentiment from the stamp set 'Uplifters'.

I have four challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Have a Heart)


Uniko Challenge # 28 


AAA Card Challenge # 57 


Simply Create Too Challenge # 102 (Love or Valentines)

You have until next Wednesday 17th February to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More! challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous cards on the blog to help you with any ideas and inspiration. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 



 

18 comments:

  1. You're the best cupcake maker I know...yummy. It's a winner. Need some pink milk now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet!! thank you for playing a long with us at the SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorabe! I really love your cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Shona you can do anything! Yummy little paint-chip cupcake!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die-cutting perfection Shona, gorgeous, feminine and classy take on the photo and simply yummy! Great to see you've linked up at Uniko and AAA Cards with it. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a perfectr paint chip Shona
    clever card
    and cuuuuutee little heart there
    love your interpretation
    I miss your visit
    if you could managed two minutes to see my Blog
    I also have shared my Crafting room with new IKEA cabinet
    Miss you sweety
    Hope you are doing well and more healthy on this year
    biiig hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS design, Shona! I love the soft pink stitched heart and how you placed your elements on the flower...so beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that flower die you have used so cleverly to frame your yummy cupcake, Shona!!! Such cute sentiment!!!! Lovely CAS card!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card!! Love the CAS design, and I agree, they are sometimes the hardest, but you nailed it!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Your paintchip cupcake is adorable! Almost too sweet to eat...I'd be gazing at that little delight a long time before taking a nibble! Fabulous translation of the photo!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cupcake - great take on the photo. Thanks for playing with Uniko Lindsey Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a perfect CAS card and amazing designe...Love your stiched elements...XX Zeljka

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulous is this cupcake, Shona ... it's just yummy ... so cute ... and I love how the sentiment is equally as whimsical as all that sweetness! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like this - the cupcake is just lovely (and calorie free too!) I do like the inlaid dies too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean about the days flying and keeping up, that's just how I feel!! Wow! What a lovely card and the inlayed die cutting is scrumptious. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too! Hope to see you again soon.
    Kerri DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for the late visit on this one, Shona, got here eventually. And wow, well done on working out the piecing layout for these dies, it was worth the effort, looks fantastic x

    ReplyDelete