Thursday 25 February 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 50

Hi everybody, popping in quickly to remind you about our current challenge at TIME OUT!


Its a 'Home Sweet Home' challenge and this is the inspiration photo. You can be inspired however you like. Maybe with the colour scheme, the room itself or maybe by the photos printed on the fabric. The choice is yours!!

I really wanted to play around with the 'french' side of things as I keep seeing the Eiffel Tower print on the back pillow. So I rummaged through my patterned papers again and you wouldn't believe what I found:


I can't believe I was lucky enough to find two different papers that worked perfectly for this challenge. Maybe its telling me I should use papers more often......

I came across this paper from October Afternoon 'Travel Girl' that has an old-time street map of Paris. I cut a piece slightly slimmer than my card front, made sure it had the Eiffel Tower on it and popped it up with foam tape on the card. Now while I was going through the 'Travel Girl' collection, I found the sticker sheet that came with it, and there was this gorgeous wee 'french' doggie. Its extremely rare for me to use stickers on my cards but I couldn't resist, so he was popped up on foam tape as well.

It was then I remembered that I had one French language stamp somewhere, and after a lot of searching I found it. Its from a Fiskars set called 'Say What?'. I stamped it on a small white CS banner and glued it behind the doggie. And that was that!!

I going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


 

You have until next Wednesday March 2nd to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and the rest of the Design Team have some more creations on the blog to give you some ideas. Looking forward to seeing your designs in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Magnifique, Shona ... great background map ... and that beret-sporting little pup ... c'est mignon! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This PP couldn't be more perfect! And the dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what cool finds for this challenge. It made me think I have so many travel books of France I could have used maps from there (one to remember for the future!) and love the adorable pup, such a creative card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design, Shona, and that is a great inspiration photo, too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Eiffeltower was the one I kept seeing by making my first card too!
    And that sticker-doggie looks so sweet; can nderstand you had to use it (would be a shame to let it all get dusty in the stash, well?) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've absolutely nailed this one. So fortunate to find exactly what you needed to create this super cute card. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely perfect--merveilleux. Love how perfect that paper and doggie are. Amazing you had it and even more amazing that you could find it when you needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's kismet, Shona!! All of these perfect elements come together to form the most perfect card for this challenge - I'm throwing in the towel!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card Shona - the DP is absolutely perfect and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful when one discovers stuff you've had for ages and had forgotten about, and it's perfect for a project you're working on, hey!!!! And you even found a sticker, too!!! And how perfect that street map and the little doggie are for this card!!! This is such a sweet card, Shona!!! I really like the soft colours!!! Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete