Thursday 18 February 2016

Time Out Challenge # 50

Hi everybody and welcome to a new challenge theme at TIME OUT!  Thank you so much to everyone who entered our last challenge, the Gallery was overflowing with beautiful cards and it will be so hard to chose a winner!! We have a photo to inspire you this time:

                                                    HOME SWEET HOME


From having a Gallery filled with colourful flowers, this next Gallery will be a wonder of black and white. You can be inspired by any part of this picture, maybe travel, the world, bedrooms etc...its totally up to you!!

Our Guest Designer joining us for this challenge is my fabulous crafty friend Cornelia from Fun Stamping (Stempel Spass). You will certainly have seen Cornelia's cards around blogland. She wins many challenges and belongs to several Design Teams too. I love her creations and she is a lovely person as well, so you could say she is the complete package!!

I immediately thought of black and white for my card when I saw this photo, and then I started noticing the different cities mentioned on the pillows etc. So an international card was born:


Hard to believe I know but I have some patterned paper as the star of my card!! I love the small paper pads and have quite a few but my designs don't use them often. I was flicking through them for this challenge and came across this paper from Basic Grey 'B-Side'. All of the different languages on it was perfect for the challenge, so cut a piece as large as the card front and adhered it.

I went with the idea of someone going away and missing them or maybe family or loved ones lived overseas that you missed. I didn't want to cover up too much of the paper, so I die-cut this frame from Pretty Pink Posh from black CS 3x and glued them together. This was adhered over the paper. I then stamped the sentiment (from Concord and 9th 'Map Love') on a circle of white CS, using a die from Couture Creations. This was popped up on foam tape. Its a pretty simple card but I love how it turned out!!

You have two weeks to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and of course the rest of the fabulous design team have created some projects on the blog to get your imaginations going. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona


 

10 comments:

  1. I love that fun paper...full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really did have the right paper for this. I love the angled frame x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most perfect paper! Love that die cut frame as well - such a clever design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really perfect for the challenge! Of course if it would have been me I would have snug in some color somewhere - but you pulled this off without that!!!! Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect paper for this challange! Love the different/round shape; that really stands out! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had the perfect pattern paper for this challenge! This card looks so stylish and chic in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background DP is perfect, Shona ... so cool with the frame ... and such great imagery with the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great dp for this challenge! Love how you showcased it with that tilted frame too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty patterned paper - and so perfect for this challenge! You made it work so perfectly with the frame and sentiment. Jill

    ReplyDelete