Tuesday 16 February 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - February

Hi everybody and welcome to my inspiration post for our current Waffle Flower Challenge  for February. We have a stunning challenge photo for you this month, a technique that is one of my favourites and a sketch to help with any ideas:




Inlaid die-cutting is one technique that I would do the most when it comes to my card designs. It can be incredibly fiddly but is so rewarding to have a complicated pattern but still be a one-layer card!! I so loved the colours from the photo, so that's where the idea for my card started:


To start off, I die-cut the middle square and circles from the card front. I then used the same die (but only used one circle) to cut a circle each from the four different coloured paint chips. I put the coloured circles in place and held them there with washi tape behind them. 

For the next part I cut the more delicate frame from the card front. I slowly removed the die to keep all the pieces in place. I used a piece of Glad 'Press n Seal' over the front of the card. This meant if any of the pieces wanted to fall out, they would be held in place on the Glad sheet. Its amazing stuff and I really recommend it for this technique!!

I carefully flipped the panel over and adhered a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. This gave something for all the die-cut pieces to hold on to. Once I was sure all the pieces were being held by the glue, I removed the Glad sheet. Now all I had to do was remove the washi tape and glue the square and circles into place.

After die-cutting the 'Perfect' from gold CS 3x and gluing them all together, I adhered it to the card. I also stamped the rest of the sentiment on a tiny piece of white CS and glued as well. And of course I had to add a few gold sequins to bring out the shine!!

The square and intricate outside die are both from the same Waffle Flower set 'Doily Square Die'.  The 'Perfect' word die is also from Waffle Flower, as well as the sentiment from the stamp set 'Congrats'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.


You have until February 25th to link your projects to the Waffle Flower Challenge. Please remember that you don't need to use Waffle Flower products to enter, you still have a chance as our 'Random Winner' to win a Waffle Flower stamp set of your choice!! I hope to see you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Drooling...so feminine and intricate. And the colors...can we talk about the colors??? You nailed that pallette to a tee. Gorgeous card and truly, as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is simply BEAUTIFUL, Shona!!! LOVE it!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy looking at your cards, Shona! You have great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me HAPPY!! I love the white on white with the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Shona ... fabulous delicate framing of those gorgeous spots of colour ... delicious with the gold sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And your card is perfect too...just wonderful and so feminine too. I love those sweet colors and that beautiful gold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete