Monday 29 February 2016

Winnie and Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenge with Heather P.

After a good nights sleep and a day of getting the kids to school, gardening and good old housework, I have for you my 5th (and possibly final) entry for the Winnie and Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenge.



This time I joined the wonderful Heather P. and her colour challenge. She is wanting us to create a project with Lime, Coral and Aqua. Its not a combo I've used before but I'm always up for a challenge:


I haven't done much in the way of stamping for my W&W challenge cards, so thought it was about time I got out some ink pads and had a go!!

I absolutely love the floral stamps of the set Winnie and Walter 'In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya', especially all the little detail stamps. I managed to find three Hero Arts ink pads that are close to the colour combo, so I stamped away all over my card front. I also used some black to add some detail and contrast. 

Using the W&W 'hugs' die, I die cut the word out of the card front and added a panel behind it. I die-cut the 'hugs' from black CS and white CS. The black die-cut was inlaid into the card front, I glued the white and stamped die-cut together and then adhered it slightly above the black. I then stamped the sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy') on a small piece of white CS and glued to the card front. And of course I added some sequins for sparkle, aqua and clear from Pretty Pink Posh and coral from Neat and Tangled.

This card actually fits into four of the other Winnie and Walter Challenges:

Create your own Background with Gayatri 

Over the Edge Challenge with Kelly 

Floral Challenge with Lydia 

Inlaid Die Cutting with Mayuri 

I'm also going to link to two other challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 


Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday - February (Floral)


Wow, that's ALOT of linking, hope I don't forget any of them!!! I have 26 hours before the challenges finish and the only challenge I haven't joined is the 'Two Challenge with Shay'. Will have to see what I can come up with tonight....

Take care
Shona

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Shona and some really great stamping here, glad you got out the inks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty background, Shona ... a perfect base for that fab camoflaged sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really picked just the right images and colors for this one. LOVE our background. So glad you used this sentiment technique, so you didn't cover up to much of that lovely stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stamping! That paper you created is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of stamping, Shona! You sure made up for any lack of it previously!! Love how you've used the tiny stamps to fill in the spaces. Really pretty. Thanks so much for joining my Off the Edge Challenge at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your beautifully stamped flowers, Shona!!! You have really done great with the colours and the die cut sentiment really looks great!!!! Another beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete