Wednesday 23 March 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 186

Another week has zoomed past us and we are ready for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More.   




This is always a popular one and I'm ready to see the Gallery exploding at its seams with a variety of incredible designs!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is SLS Lines. Its an Etsy shop that sells digital papers and stamps, and even colouring books and clip art. They will be giving the winner 2 digital images from their store!!

I've still been playing around with all my new release Waffle Flower goodies and then came across this challenge photo from the Altenew March Challenge that gave me an idea:
 


I loved the swirly green hedge borders in the photo, with the pink flowers within them. All the green patterns reminded me of the Waffle Flower Lacy Flower dies, so I die-cut one in green from a paint chip. I then used the Waffle Flower Lacy Flower Mats to cut the matching shape in pink and then the largest mat in green again. These were all glued together and adhered to the card front. I then stamped the sentiment in black (from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa') and added a few green and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge and if you would like help in the inspiration department, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have put together for you. Their projects are amazing!!

I hope you get a chance to join us and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

10 comments:

  1. Stunning design and I love how you played with this color combo! Another gorgeous card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You REALLY NAILED IT this time. Looks just like and English formal garden. Perfect...I smell a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the photo! The retro look of the die cut and the color combo go together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to get my hands on these dies. I LOVE the intricacy and this combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous Shona, love how you have looked at the inspiration and made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design and color combo is perfect...Željka XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, how striking, Shona!!!! Really beautiful - the colours are wonderful!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. It makes me want to spend (flower dies).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the die cut!!! Great card!
    Lilian DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete