Friday 18 March 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things Challenge # 6

Talk about lucky!! I made this card last weekend and was planning on posting it tonight (thinking the challenge finished tomorrow which is Saturday). So lucky I looked at the post because I have about 4 hrs before the link closes....eeek!

I totally fell in love with this inspiration photo for the Inspired by All the Little Things challenge. I do have a wreath die but the paper I wanted to use wouldn't have shown up very much, so I had another idea:
 

I started off by die-cutting the circle from some wood-grain patterned paper. I then stamped the tulips on some white CS and coloured with my pencils. After stamping the little flowers with two shades of blue ink, I fussy cut them out along with the tulips. I cut the tulips up so the leaves were separate and layered and glued all the pieces on the circle. Lots of foam tape was added to the circle and it was popped up on the card front.

For the sentiment, I die-cut a frame from some white CS and used the inside negative, stamping my sentiment in black and adhering to the top of the circle. And of course I had to add some pink and blue sequins for a little bit of shine.

The circle die is from Waffle Flower Crafts 'Flower Circle Die Set', as well as the stamps from the 'Welcome Spring' set. The frame die is from Paper Smooches  and the patterned paper from Basic Grey 'B Side'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Have just brought the kids home from school and this is the first afternoon we haven't had something on all week. Its so nice not to have to run off to a meeting or a practice today. I'm going to go and chill with Phoebe who just got a new dvd of one of her favourite programmes 'Outnumbered' (its a British show). Its so funny and I think we might need to eat an ice cream while watch it!!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty, Shona. Love how those flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shona! You've been orbiting in my sphere of known paper crafters, through challenges and the like, but we've never really met, nor have I spent much time on your site! I have enjoyed my wanderings through your website tonight and exploring many of your cards present and past!! I really like the movement you created in this card with the tulips and that circle-- such a cool die and woodgrain paper. I uploaded your card so I could enlarge and see it better. Love the stitching around it. Glad you joined us this week! Look forward to staying in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Shona!!! Love those beautiful tulips and the wonderful CAS look of your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaytiful card! I love those tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ultra cool. Love wood grain with flowers so this is right up my alley. But the way you'very done it is stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultra cool. Love wood grain with flowers so this is right up my alley. But the way you'very done it is stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! But I love all your cards, sorry to repeat myself, but I can't help it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful...love your sweet wreath and those tulips are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wonderful with your darling wood-grain 'wreath', Shona! Fresh, sweet, and oh so CASiliscious!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wreath Shona! Glad you made it in the link on time:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wreath Shona! Glad you made it in the link on time:)

    ReplyDelete