Friday 4 March 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 301

Hi everybody and welcome to a new challenge at Just Add Ink. Our theme for this weeks challenge is:


                                               JUST ADD NUMBERS


You could do this in many ways. Maybe stamping with numbers themselves or stencils, use patterned paper with numbers on them or die-cutting numbers.....the possibilities are endless. And I can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with!

After going through all of my stamps, I realised I didn't have any number stamps or dies. And even my patterned papers weren't helpful at all. So, after going through my stamps again I thought I could use number words instead:
 

Last year I purchased some 6x6 paper pads and have been trying to incorporate them into my designs. I have a really cool pad from Basic Grey 'B-Side' which has really modern and funky patterns and colours. I decided to use my favourite one to give this card a pop of colour against all the white.

I die-cut the frame twice from white CS and glued them together before adhering to the card front. I then die-cut the umbrella handles 3x each from black CS and glued them together. I also die-cut the umbrella tops twice from white CS and once from the paper before gluing them all together.

I glued the handles down first and then popped the umbrella tops up on foam tape for a bit of dimension and it also brought them up higher than the frame. The sentiment was stamped in black and a few sequins were added for a bit of shine.

The frame is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the sequins. The umbrella dies are from Paper Smooches, as well as the stamp from the set 'Daisies and Paisleys'.

You have until next Wednesday 9th March to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. The rest of the Design Team have prepared some creations on the blog to help inspire you if you need any ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
   

12 comments:

  1. Clever use number with words!!adorable umbrella motive...you are great at CAS card...I really miss you..since january only meet you once in my Just Add Ink card hehe SMILE..hope you are healthy...hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow...this is so terrific. Love the print on those umbrellas. Using the number for the sentiment is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow...this is so terrific. Love the print on those umbrellas. Using the number for the sentiment is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful...I need to get some umbrella dies...it's always raining here in Seattle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea to use the number word, Love this beauty, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lateral thinking Shona and how the play of words pairs with the umbrellas! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little umbrellas are so sweet, Shona - love that patterned paper!!! Such a cute card!! Love it!!!
    Hope your weekend started off great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely brollies, Shona ... so sweet and pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona this is a very sweet card - such pretty dsp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this card! I adore those fab umbrellas and your take on the challenge is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute Shona! Your umbrellas are adoreable and I love how you used words for numbers - so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet...love your pair of gorgeous umbrella's, I would love to have one just like the ones you made. Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete