Thursday 3 March 2016

Time Out Challenge # 51

Hi everybody!! This is a very exciting challenge for us at TIME OUT because its our birthday!!!! The TIME OUT Challenge is 2 years old! 

I've been very privileged to have been a part of the TIME OUT team for over a year now and I'm so proud of Sandie and Nonni (who started the challenge) and how far the challenge has come. We have the an incredible number of loyal followers and are welcoming new followers all the time. So thank you everyone for making the challenge so much fun and I hope you join us for many more years to come!!!

We have a fun challenge for you. I'm sure a lot of you on the other side of the world from me (I'm in New Zealand where its been very hot!!) have been dreaming of Spring arriving. So our theme for this challenge is:


                  EASTER and/or SPRING with optional twist of MASKING 


Our Sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations where the very generous Shery is giving the winner a $20 gift voucher. There will also be a random draw from those who 'twist' with us (use Masking) and she is giving that person 2 standard size ARTploration stencils. Thank you so much Shery!!!

And our Guest Designer for this challenge is the incredible TaeEun from Rainbow in November. I'm a huge fan of her's, she is an amazing designer and her water colouring abilities are out of this world. I really encourage you to visit her blog, you will not be disappointed!

I was very lucky recently to receive some new release goodies with a 'Spring' theme. Masking isn't something I do very often but I had this design in my mind, so I knew I would just have to dive on in and give it a go:


I started off by stamping the baby chick three times on some masking paper and then fussy cut them all out. I stamped the first row of chicks on my card first and then started masking and stamping, moving the masking stickers as I went. Once I had finished I coloured the chicks with yellow pencil and orange for the beaks, stamped the sentiment in black and added some yellow and clear sequins. Apart from a few spots here and there from ink (I'm so clumsy....) I'm so happy with how this turned out and maybe masking isn't so scary after all!

The stamps are all from Waffle Flower 'Welcome Spring' and the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the lovely Darnell's NBUS Challenge #6. For those of you that don't know NBUS stands for 'never before used schtuff' so you must create something with something you haven't used before. I haven't had a chance to use this little chickie yet but now I have and with Easter coming, I can imagine he will be used ALOT!!


You have two weeks to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if you need any help in the 'ideas' department, please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have whipped up for you. Can't wait to see your designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

 

 

13 comments:

  1. This is perfect masking Shona and such a sweet design. Thanks for your kind words, it is great having you on our team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, how much fun is this! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me. This is stupendous. All that amazing masking and this is the result. Boy am I glad I didn't have an omelet for breakfast because these hatching chicks are just too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh this is so cute and clever too! Great masking idea! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I can't believe you masked all those birds! What a delightful card!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet chickies, Shona ... and awesome masking ... what a fun, smile inducing card! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of masking, but it is all worth it because your card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sweet card card makes me smile every time I see it :) The masking and the colouring are amazing - definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing masking! I am glad to know I'm the only one who is a bit clumsy. Usually it's my inky fingers that get me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked a doozie for your virginal outing with masking, Shona, and you carried it off brilliantly - like a pro!! This is such a dang stinkin' cute card! Now I want that little chickie, sigh!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chicks are so cute, Shona! As I said on instagram you've done amazing masking here! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am a huge fan of yours! Your pretty CAS cards always catch my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing, Shona! Great masking, it turned out perfectly I think, I see no faults that you were mentioning... Very fun card, love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete