Thursday 31 March 2016

Time Out Challenge # 53

Hi everybody and welcome to a new challenge at TIME OUT.  Our theme for this week is to be:


                                                    Inspired by Words
    
'A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water' by Eleanor Roosevelt
 
 
 
You can be inspired by the whole sentence or maybe just one word, its totally up to you!
 
Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the fabulous Elaine from Craft-E-Place.  Elaine creates the most incredible CAS designs (which you know I love) and is so clever with her use of colour. I really urge you to check out her blog!!
 
QUICK NOTE: I just want to mention that this challenge only runs for one week. They usually run for two weeks but unfortunately there was a little 'snafu' with the calendar this month, so you need to have your projects linked by next Wednesday.
 
When I saw the inspiration for this challenge I knew exactly which stamp set I would use as it really enforces the 'strong' message:
 
 
The first thing I did was stamp and heat emboss the 'smile' in gold on some white CS. I then spent a lot of time trying to fussy cut it as close to the gold as I could. Next out came my box of paint chips and I die-cut some flowers from pink and pale blue, and the middle details in black CS. 
 
I stamped the sentiment in black, glued the flower parts together and then adhered them to the card front. The 'smile' was then popped up on foam tape and a few co-ordinating sequins added for shine.
 
All of the stamps and dies are from CAS-ual Fridays. The flower dies are from the 'Friendly Flowers' Fri Dies set. The 'smile' and sentiment are from the 'Sassy Smiles' stamp set. The blue and pink sequins are from Neat and Tangled and the gold from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is the popular 'Anything Goes'.
 
 
Remember, you only have one week to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer have some beautiful projects on the blog to help inspire you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!
 
Take care
Shona
 
 
 


 

 

9 comments:

  1. This is a superb design and the perfect sentiment, adore the popped up gold x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design, I love all the layers.
    Thanks for the very kind comments.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the pastel colors and your composition is perfect. Very cool card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! The way you've popped up the sentiment and placed the flowers behind it are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp set...so glad you used it. Really think the sentiment says it all. Embossing it in gold over those awesome flowers is a brilliant "Shona idea". Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome inspiring words :) love how this card came together! thank you so much for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold popped up sentiment is fabulous with those pastel blooms, Shona ... love the secondary sentiment ... so encouraging! Sorry I've not been visiting and commenting for a while ... should be back to normal service next week! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely inspirational card. I can see why you picked this sentiment and images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the splash of gold with the pastel colours - great design!

    ReplyDelete