Sunday 17 April 2016

CASology Challenge # 193

I should be outside enjoying the sunshine right now but the house is quiet (Dave took Phoebe and Ella bike riding and Max is out with a friend) so thought I would spend some time catching up on comments and post this card.


I find myself missing out on entering a lot of challenges at the moment due to time constraints but was determined to enter the CASology challenge as it is one of my favourites and I used to be able to join every single week!!

I've been on a die-cutting 'bender' of late and was still fiddling with my Faceted Heart die from Neat and Tangled. I recently purchased some foam sheets to help with die-cut dimension but wondered if I could use it on its own:


 I actually had a completely different idea but it was an absolute disaster but I'm determined to make it work.....so watch this space.....

I started this off by die-cutting the heart from the card front and adding a panel of white CS behind it. After die-cutting the pink foam with the heart die, I added glue tape to the inside of the heart negative and gently put the whole die-cut on to it, not pressing down too hard.

Then came the incredibly fiddly part of pulling away the actual die frame, leaving behind all the negative triangle pieces. This was the point where I wondered why I keep thinking up these awkward designs but I kept going and finally got it free. To finish off I stamped the sentiment in black from Neat and Tangled 'Faceted' stamp set. Clean, modern and pink!

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 62 

 
One-Layer Simplicity Challenge # 26 (As you Wish)

Little Tangles Challenge # 67 (They will be getting sick of me and my entries)


I'm off to do a bit of gardening and then take the dogs for a walk. I have to wash them when I come back which requires me to wear a big raincoat and gumboots. I don't mind getting a bit wet if it means they don't smell bad anymore......

Take care
Shona
 


 

20 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you persevered with this, Shona, because it rocks!! What a brilliant use of foam! This really is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week! I have to wash my dog tomorrow too. Poor Tex will not be a happy guy when he sees the hose come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love using foam for die cuts... instant dimension!
    You did a fabulous job with our pink cue card this week Shona!
    Thanks for playing!
    ( you won't believe it... but I just returned from my walk with Sugar... gave him a shower, and now it's my turn !)
    Enjoy the rest of your day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty- definitely worth the 'fiddly' bits! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'll tell you what doesn't smell and is pretty as a picture...THIS CARD. What an effective way to add texture and dimension at the same time. You're knocking me out with these amazing cards. I smell a winner, here. Hope you survive the dog's baths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks perfectly clean & simple, but I know the fiddling it took to get there, Shona! I love it - so glad you were able to play along with the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely worth your efforts, Shona...this is so cool! Your card is definitely clean, modern and pink, as you said! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology this week...it's always great to see your cards in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona although I am sure it was a difficult endeavour the results are a gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, you make the most beautiful cards with this heart die, Shona!!! What a great idea that made a wonderful card - definitely worth all the effort you put into making it!!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worth every second of fiddling, Shona! I'll be anxiously awaiting your second idea - all worth waiting for! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my I can't believe you persevered with this - but it looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely swoon worthy and gorgeous Shona. I NEED that die!!! Hahahaha!
    Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats girl on your CASology HM...hate to say "I told you so" but "I told you this was a winner".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your HM at CASology, Shona! Your faceted heart is so pretty in this shade of pink and I love your CAS design! Another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. like a piece of puzzle heart
    and I believe this will be a winner on CASology
    I read Barb say congrats
    I say congrats too Shona
    you are ROCK!!
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! congratulations on your CASology win! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge! Justine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo cute and sweet, Shonna! Love the texture on the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome, Shona! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very clever! The results are so pretty! Thanks for sharing this with the OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...you had me totally fooled! I thought this was multiple layers...the foam was so smart! LOVE the effect...such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks AMAZING with the foam! What great dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete