Sunday 1 May 2016

Altenew - April Inspiration Challenge - Thailand

Thank goodness the photography gods were looking down on me this morning!! We are leaving soon to go fishing with the kids but I wanted to link my card to the Altenew - April Inspiration Challenge before we left because I would miss the deadline. I don't usually take my card photos at this time of the day but luckily it worked out okay!!


Being a huge fan of the colour blue, especially turquoise, I just couldn't miss out on joining the challenge this month. This photo is incredible and I was really inspired by the blue/white flowers and the layers of gold leaves in the design:


I stamped and heat embossed the flowers in white on some water colour CS. I then used my Ziggies to colour them in, trying to keep the colours vivid, like the inspiration photo. After fussy cutting the flowers, I stamped and heat embossed the leaves on some white CS in gold and fussy cut them as well. After layering the pieces, I adhered them all in place and added a simple gold embossed sentiment, along with some gold sequins.

The flowers, leaves and sentiment are all from Altenew 'Hennah Elements' and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 31 where their theme is:


Right, I'm all done and ready to go off fishing. The sun is still shining and hoepfully the wind won't be too cold by the beach. Need to tire the kids out so they sleep well tonight after having so many late nights during the holidays......

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Blue and gold - I love your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Em. Gee. This is absolutely perfect for this challenge. Think I smell a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shona!
    Your card is simply gorgeous!
    Love this clean and elegant design!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those gold leaves, Shona - works wonderfully with the blue flowers!!!! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this & might have to CASE you since I have this Altenew set. The gold really enhances the beautiful blues. Fantastic!!! (You know I love all your cards even though I don't get to comment often, don't you? Hope so!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Yummy Scrummy Shona! Love your stacked blooms here with the metallic embossing and awesome colour choice. think I may have to go and grab that set as I've neglected it for a while and stamp away a while!!! thanks for sharing and playing along at Uniko with this stunner. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally amazing Shona...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layering Shona & beautiful colours Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cascade of flowers and loving the colours you've used, the gold embossing really makes them pop. Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete