Tuesday 17 May 2016

Calling All Sistah's Blog Hop!!!

A very important and fun day today! Its time for the Calling All Sistah's! Blog Hop, which is a fantastic day to remind you all to check those breasts!


If your following the hop you should have arrived here from Susan White's blog. If you would like to start from the beginning or want to check out the blog hop list, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog. There are 3 chances to win a $25 gift voucher to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps as 3 comments will be randomly chosen from all the comments left on the blog hop. So the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!! 

I will be honest and say that I never used to do breast checks. I have rather large ones, so the thought of trying to poke and prod them seemed like too much hard work!

There isn't any breast cancer in my family but that doesn't mean that I couldn't be affected. Its just one of those things that I knew I should do but didn't think it was that important.  Now, I do it at least once a month. I wasn't actually sure what to do, so I have this link that shows you the different steps. My kids are so important to me and the longer I can be with them the better, so if I can catch cancer early and it only takes a few minutes, I'll do it. I hope you do too!!

For my card I wanted to use the beautiful ribbon stamp that Michele designed. Its such a recognisable symbol and her introduction of all the tiny flowers and hearts is gorgeous:


This was a very simple card to create and didn't take long at all, just like a breast examination!!

I stamped and heat embossed the ribbon from the 'Hope Ribbon' stamp set in white. I then carefully used my mini-blending tool (a sponge dabber would have been great for this...) and some 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Ink to colour the ribbon. After cutting a strip of vellum, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the 'Calling All Sistah's' stamp set in white. I added tiny strips of glue tape to the back of the sentiment (so you couldn't see it), pressed it on the card and attached on the inside. A few sequins (the clear from Pretty Pink Posh and the pink from Neat and Tangled) gave it a bit of shine.





The next person on the hop is the always fabulous Bonnie Sharp, who I'm sure will dazzle and inspire you with her creation. I really hope you enjoy the hop and really think about checking your breasts. It can make such a difference if you catch it early and we want you around for as long as possible!!

If you haven't seen these stamps before and want to purchase them from the CAS-ual Fridays store, please use my special code to save you some money. It might save you a few dollars to buy a coffee to drink while your making your way through the blog list. Or while you read about the steps of breast exams!!

 
Take care
Shona
 

24 comments:

  1. You've created such a beautiful soft glow, Shona. I love this delicate card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the very elegant look to your beautiful card and that sentiment is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful and delicate! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, maybe we're inspired by activity and not peace and quiet! Thanks for the constant reminder to do checkups, so important! Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and thank you for your message of how easy it is to do an exam. I'm so happy to know you're doing it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the effect made by embossing the ribbon and sponging color over and around it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, love the sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful.
    So soft and pretty.
    Love the embossing.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words that come to mind when I saw your card were 'tender', 'supportive', 'peace', 'stunning', 'simplicity', etc. Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is perfect! I love the soft color and soothing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the softness of this countered with the kick butt sentiment :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hope inspired ribbon card! Isn't this just a Fabulous cause!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that stamp, too, but never did anything as gorgeous as this with it. The soft pink and vellum are the perfect accents for this inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how pretty and soft your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card. My sister is a BC survivor. Thank you for your support!~Kim K.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card! That embossed vellum is so elegant!
    I just became a follower of your blog and would be thrilled if you returned the favor, My blog is http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. I like the inking over the embossed ribbon and the vellum sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the shading over the embossed ribbon and the soft touch of the vellum. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how soft the flowery ribbon looks with the vellum! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - I love the ethereal feel to your card; it's lovely

    ReplyDelete