Monday 30 May 2016

CASology Challenge Week # 199

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the CASology  challenge since I saw the Cue Word last week and finally had a chance today to play!


Before I usually tackle a card for this challenge, I always Google the meaning of the word and nearly fell over when I looked up 'fast' today!! It can be used for so many different things. Fast women, stead fast, colour fast etc, etc. Its a really fantastic word for a card challenge as there are so many possibilities!! I ended up by making two cards and my first one is to do with the heart:


What could be faster than your heartbeat when you see the person you love!! Boom-boom, boom-boom, boom-boom....... This is what I tried to capture in this card.

It was terribly simple to make (although I spent forever working out the placement on the heart-notes). I die-cut them from a red paint chip and adhered them in pairs to the card front, as if they were the 'boom-boom'. And then I simply stamped the sentiment in black. Both of these are from CAS-ual Fridays 'Love Notes'.

I'm going to also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


I'm going to blog my other CASology entry and then sneak into bed, and my electric blanket. I think its supposed to be -1 degrees (celcius) in the morning and my feet are already feeling very chilly. Might be time to start bringing my stamps etc over to the fireplace for some warmer crafting!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. This is genius, Shona! The two heart-notes together are the perfect visuals for the boom-boom of a heartbeat! Love love love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That works for me!! Love your thinking, Sho! Your brain never sleeps, does it?? Wow! Two fab entries in one week! Love your work! Great that you've had a chance to play again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever take on the Cue Card, Shona! I love how you doubled the hearts to represent a true heartbeat, and your CAS design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on FAST, Shona! Thanks for playing along with at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CAS and wonderful. Love your take on the cue word. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, clever, clever...and I love this die. What a perfect CAS and unique use of the cue word "fast"...brilliant. Congrats on your HM win at the CASology challenge. Hope Max is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet CAS card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete