Wednesday 11 May 2016

Create Together with Marcie!!!

I've so been looking forward to today's post. I got a lovely invitation from the fabulous Marcie Sharp of Sharp Designs asking if I would like to collaborate on one of her 'Create Together' blog posts. I said yes straight away!!




I've really enjoyed Marcie's other posts with friends, seeing how they are inspired by different theme's and photos. And I really love Marcie's card making style, she seems to be able to make cards for every occasion with ease!



This is the photo Marcie sent me that we would both be inspired by. And funnily enough I knew exactly which dies I would use as soon as I saw it:




CAS-ual Fridays have these cool 'Funfetti Fri-dies' that cut a row of these tiny circles, so of course I thought of these when I saw that fabulous cereal!!

I grabbed my trusty paint chip box and pulled out bright colours for each colour of the rainbow. As each colour was die-cut, I removed the middle circle but kept some of them to add to the shaker. I cut a panel of white CS the same size as my card front, die-cut the flower circle die from it but left it in place, so it was inlaid. I glued a piece of clear acetate behind it, which also held the die-cut in place. Lots of foam tape was added to the back, to support it and also keep the shaker bits in place. 

I put the shaker pieces in a pile on top of the card front and placed the panel over-top, sealing them in. I die-cut the 'awesome' 3x from white CS, glued them together and then across the shaker window. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on black CS and glued in place. I love my shaker bowl of fruit loops (?) and can't wait to see what Marcie came up with!!

The 'awesome' die is from Waffle Flower, as well as the 'Flowers Circle Die' and the sentiment, from the 'Congrats' stamp set.

I have four challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenges # 64 


House of Cards - May Challenge 


Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies 


Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge



Thank you so much Marcie for inviting me to play. I don't have anyone close to me who crafts, so this virtual crafting session is always wonderful for me. I'm off now to see what incredible creation she came up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Shona I'm so glad you could create with me today! Your card is fabulous and is exactly the "Shona style" that I love! What a fun shaker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a fabulous card! I love your take on that colorful cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I say it, this is "Awesome" and yes, "you did it". Seriously though, brilliant way you made that inspiration photo come to life. Love this card. It couldn't be any better.

    ReplyDelete