Tuesday 3 May 2016

Guest Designer - The Challenge # 71

Hi there everybody!! I'm so happy this day has finally come around, as I get to be a Guest Designer for The Challenge!!

  

Its time for a sketch this week, which I know is quite popular with a lot of you. People are so clever coming up with these sketch designs and its fantastic having somewhere to start for your card.


When I saw the sketch I told myself that I was going to use patterned paper. I have lots of 6x6 paper pads in my drawer and they hardly ever see the light of day. I chose one of my favourite pads and was determined to use it:


Different patterned papers AND a shaker, this is one busy card compared to my usual designs but was so wonderful to incorporate some patterns into the mix.

I used papers from Basic Grey 'B-Side' and adhered them to the card front, as per the sketch. I die-cut the heart (from CAS-ual Fridays) from white CS and once from white foam. I glued some acetate to the back of the heart and glued on the foam piece. After pouring in lots of sequins (from Pretty Pink Posh), I glued a piece of CS to the back and then trimmed to size. This was then stuck to the card front.

All that was left to do then was heat emboss the sentiment (from SSS 'Thinking of you') in white on a strip of black CS and adhere to the card. Ta dah!!

This is such a fantastic sketch and I can't wait to see how your inspired by it too! The challenge runs for one week and will finish on Sunday 8th May at Noon (PST).

Thanks so much to The Challenge team for inviting me to be a GD for the week and I'm off now to The Challenge blog to see their amazing projects!!

Take care
Shona


 



14 comments:

  1. Congrats! Way to rock the patterns! Looks FABulous Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you made my sketch shine, Shona! Thank you so much for being our guest! Love that DSP and that you made a shaker!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GD spot, Shona! You've really done wonders matching those different papers - and the shaker element is so much fun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific that you're GD, as it should be. And I see you're still knocking out insanely fabulous cards. You certainly chose the right patterned papers for this wonderful shaker card. You're so brilliant to use that heart die for it. Wish I'd thought of that, duh!😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific that you're GD, as it should be. And I see you're still knocking out insanely fabulous cards. You certainly chose the right patterned papers for this wonderful shaker card. You're so brilliant to use that heart die for it. Wish I'd thought of that, duh!😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your combination of patterned papers, Shona!!!!! This is such a stunning card!!! Love it!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mixy-matchy talent is great! And this style is awesomely girly with the heat shaker and perfect-colored shaker elements. I saw your "space" at CASology... Us crafters just really need a kitchen table and an understanding family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous card Miss Shona...so excited to be on the same team with you this week. Incredible shaker my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pp you selected! and your little shaker is the sweetest ever!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the patterned papers you used, Shona, and the little heart shaker is adorable! So glad to have you joining us this week as a guest at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, so happy you are joining us the week at The Challenge! Great mix of patterns and love the heart shaker! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so pretty Shona, I love the beautiful shaker heart. So glad you could join us this week as guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those papers are so perfectly used here, Shona, and I love that heart shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design! Love the mix of patterned papers and the sweet shaker element. Thanks for being our guest this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete