Sunday 1 May 2016

Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge - May

Hi everyone and welcome to a new month at Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge



Our card to CASE this month was created by the delightful Melissa Lane:


This is such a stylish card and I love the white die-cut pieces against the black background, really makes them stand out!!

For my card I wanted to follow a similar idea and add some pops of colour in here and there:


I started off by die-cutting the lacy flower pieces from white CS and gluing the larger ones to the card front. I used Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' and a wet brush to lightly colour the smaller flower die-cuts and when dry, glued them to the top of each large flower centre. I then die-cut the butterfly twice, coloured the top layer, glued them together and adhered to the card. The 'celebrate was die-cut three times, glued together and stuck to the card as well, along with some pink and clear sequins.

The lace flower dies are from Waffle Flower, as well as the butterfly die and the 'celebrate' word die. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



You have the whole month of May to link your project to the Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge and I can't wait to see how your inspired by Melissa's beautiful card. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona


10 comments:

  1. hello Shona! I am luvin your card, the black adds so much pop! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME use of those lovely, lacy dies. Another amazing CASE &, putting my swami turban on, I predict a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME use of those lovely, lacy dies. Another amazing CASE &, putting my swami turban on, I predict a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Shona! A lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful and delicate die cuts Shona and such a great take on Melissa's beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful and delicate die cuts Shona and such a great take on Melissa's beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful in B&W with the little bits of pink, Shona!!!!! Very striking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very, pretty Shona! I love it! Thanks for doing such a beautiful CASE of my card and for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these doily dies from Waffle Flower Shona, what a lovely CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love this CASE! Love that graphic look! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete