Friday 20 May 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 312

Friday has arrived once again very quickly and so has a new challenge theme at Just Add Ink. This week we have a colour combo for you:






Light blue, turquoise and mint are some of my favourite colours, so was very happy to see this combo!!

On Tuesday, while Max was at Futsal (indoor soccer), Phoebe and I popped into a magazine shop I don't go too often. They have a lot of craft magazines but I tend not to look as I can't afford to buy them. Well, when I saw the Australian Simply Cards magazine I nearly fell over......it had Altenew stamps and dies as a free gift!!! I couldn't believe it and had to buy it straight away. When I put a photo of the mag on my Instagram account it was amazing how many people had been trying to find it but it was sold out around the world. It would seem that not many people know of Altenew in my little town, so there were quite a few copies!!

Of course I had to have a play around with them and wanted to use them with this colour combo:


It took a bit of practice to stamp the three layers in the right places but boy oh boy do these flowers come together perfectly!!

After stamping the flowers on some white CS, I used the dies that came with them. However, they left a big white area around the flower which I didn't like, so I fussy cut them all out up to the edge of the petals. I stamped one of the flowers on the card front, adhered one flower over top and the third one up on foam tape. 

I stamped the leaves with mint and turquoise stamps. They have three layers to them as well, so for the third layer I stamped it twice to make the colour twice as dark. I fussy cut the leaves out and glued them underneath the flowers. The sentiment was stamped in black and I added sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I want to say a big thankyou to Altenew for providing this freebie, the stamps are gorgeous and I hope it helps more people discover their incredible products!!

I have two challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday  (Florals)

 
Creative with Stamps Challenge # 2



You have until Wednesday May 25th to link your projects to the Just Add Ink 
challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team have some inspiration projects on the blog just for you, in case you need any ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Well shut my mouth. A magazine that contained stamps...for free. Wow! Apparently I shop in all the wrong place. The card is, of course, beautiful...after all you made it so, it would be. Lovely layered roses...I may have to play in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love how you kept it simple yet added interest by raining one of the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Creative with Stamps, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...love your gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free stamps! Lucky you!
    The stamped flowers are gorgeous! Lovely card!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Shona! I will have to look out for that magazine :-) Your layers of colour on your blooms are so soft and rich and I love the dimension and sparkle too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky find Shona! The roses have such depth and the cluster you created is gorgeously elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit the jackpot! What a blessing to find that magazine~I love what you created with it Shona~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to have this free stamp and in my country no magazin for crafter with free gift you are really a lucky Woman Shona and this card soooo adorable love the flower in Blue and your placement all is perfect
    many thanks for joining our challenge at Creative with Stamps
    I miss your visit but I know since I worked again so less time to visiting friends blog
    your card is more and more adorable and won on many challenges Shona
    Proud being your friend
    hope you always remember me like I do I always remember you Shona
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete