Wednesday 25 May 2016

Little Tangles Challenge # 68

For the past week or so my mojo decided to go on a holiday. It didn't inform me of its vacation plans, which left me a bit lost. Funny how you think its never going to return and then one day......

I was supposed to be gardening all day today but Mother Nature decided to continually rain and I was left inside all day instead. I thought this would be the perfect time to just play and see if I could get my imagination going. And finally some ideas started to happen....whew!!

I was very lucky to win the Little Tangles challenge back in February and chose the 'Scandinavian Prints' stamp set as my prize. It became a victim of my 'loss of mojo' and has been virtually untouched since it arrived. So it was the perfect stamp set to just play with and get things flowing again:

I'm sorry its not the brightest of photos, the sun must have been on holiday with my mojo!!!

As you can see, this is a one layer card using mint and navy as my colour palette. I love the stamp images so much, they are modern and retro at the same time and look so good stamped in dark colours. I just stamped away until I was happy with the final result!!

A few weeks ago I saw that the lovely and incredibly talented Anna of Scrapbook as a Lifestyle was running a challenge to make five cards from the same stamp set. My mojo ran off before I could join in but I thought it was such a fabulous idea. I ended up making a second card after this one and have another one to finish off. So will see if I can come up with two more over the next few weeks. I'm quite guilty of using a stamp set excitedly at the beginning and then moving on to another and hardly using it again. As I don't have the money to buy any stamps at present, I really should be using more of my stash. So thank you Anna for encouraging this idea!!

Right, I'm off to blog post my second card and then better run off to bed. Its nearly midnight and hopefully it will be dry enough for me to garden tomorrow. After hardly any rain for 18 mths I was getting used to it being dry all the time, not so much now.......muddy gardens here I come!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty, Shona! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the 2nd one 1st. This one is as good as it was. Love navy & mint together but somehow, never use it. Sorry your mojo crept away but it has apparently come tearing back full speed. This card proves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the 2nd one 1st. This one is as good as it was. Love navy & mint together but somehow, never use it. Sorry your mojo crept away but it has apparently come tearing back full speed. This card proves it.

    ReplyDelete