Thursday 12 May 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 56

I'm popping in with a quick post today to remind you about our current TIME OUT  challenge.


For this challenge we are asking you to CASE this fabulous card created by the incredible Kay Miller. To CASE a card means you make your own interpretation of it. You might copy it completely or be inspired by the colours, the layout, the die-cutting.....its left up to you!!

For my card I was still inspired by the basic layout and colours of Kay's card but wanted to play around a bit more with die-cutting:


I seem to be doing a lot of inlaid die-cutting of late. It took me a long time to work out how to do it and now I love to create a smooth surface with lots of interest.

I die-cut the frame from the card front and also from a grey paint chip. I added a panel of white CS behind the die-cut negative and then inlaid the grey frame with the middle rectangle. After die-cutting the flowers from pink and grey paint chips I inlaid some of their petals and leaves. They were then glued them into place,  I stamped the sentiment in grey and added some co-ordinating sequins for shine.

The frame die is from Paper Smooches 'Frames 2', as well as the flower dies 'Dainty Flowers'. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays 'Wallflower' and the sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I have five challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 64 


Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Flowers)



Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday (Flowers)


Happy Little Stampers - May CAS Challenge


Stamplorations - May CAS Challenge 


You still have one more week to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Looking forward to seeing how you were inspired!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

12 comments:

  1. Love your inlaid die cutting. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of color...super pretty Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shona I'm swooning and oooohhhing and aaaahhhing here! Such pure delightful elegance. Beautiful design, great use of your inlaid dies and a fab take on Kay's card. Love it and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you've definitely mastered inlaid diecutting...love this soft, elegant CASE of Kay's card. Of course, the pristine white space shows off those diecuts so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous card Shona...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love your CASE. The flowers are so pretty and the sequins are a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous CASE of Kay's card, Shona ... the dimension from those fabulous die cut blooms is such a delicious contrast with the smooth inlaid frame ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just in awe! I love grey with a pop of colour and these are both beyond perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I am just loving this CASE - those layered flowers are so pretty and the perfect splash of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your version of the card you CASEd, love that floral die.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this ..... the colours look so pretty. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Sho! I ADORE this! I think this challenge has produced some of the most amazing cards I've ever seen in my 4+ years in Blogland!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete