Monday 9 May 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - May

Hi everyone and welcome to the Waffle Flower  challenge for May. This month we have beautiful photo to inspire you:


Such a gorgeous room, wonder what the rest of the house looks like?? I love white floorboards but they wouldn't work very well in our cold Winter climate. So many soft, pastel colours and floral patterns to get you thinking about Spring! Can't wait to see how your inspired!

For my card I wanted to capture not only the colours but the floral elements as well:


I started off by die-cutting the large flower die from the 'Flower Circles' die set from the card front. I also used it on a pale blue/grey paint chip. The middle circle piece was stamped using the 'Loved' stamp set, using colours from the photo. I adhered a panel of white CS to the back of the die-cut area and then inlaid the paint chip petals with the stamped circle, so it stays a one-layer card. All I had to do then was stamp the sentiment (also from the 'Loved' stamp set) and add some orange, pink and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



I have four challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 64


Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 29 


Simon Says Stamp - Work it Challenge - April 


Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge - May



You have until the 25th of May to link your projects to the Waffle Flower Challenge. And the rest of the Design Team have some incredible cards on the blog for you if you need any help with ideas. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Love the pop of floral Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! couldn't be better:) Flowers and my FAVORITE WF die:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the inlaid die look and those florals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, elegant and totally feminine Shona. Superb use of your dies and I'm always swooning over your CAS-style. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards with this one. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Shona, your stamped flowers are so perfect I thought that was patterned paper! You totally captured the feel of the room in the picture. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think you captured that Chintz pattern perfectly and Jen's right, the stamping is stellar. The inlay is out of this world, too. Perfect depiction of the inspiration photo. I see a room like this somewhere in the tropics...love that white floor, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think you captured that Chintz pattern perfectly and Jen's right, the stamping is stellar. The inlay is out of this world, too. Perfect depiction of the inspiration photo. I see a room like this somewhere in the tropics...love that white floor, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH so lovely!! Wish I had a few Waffle Flower goodies to play along with, Shona!!! For now, I just have to ogle yours! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pattern you made, Shona! And in such a pretty CAS design! Great use of the colors in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the idea of the patterned paper as the inset piece and the soft grey scalloped outer! Inspired! So pleased you joined us on HLS CAS challenge! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply fabulous! Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Shona!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun design. I love seeing the flowers inside the center of your big flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous and fun! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always a pleasure to see your creations in our challenges and this is no exception. Love the inlaid die cutting you've done. Simply wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shona, beautiful card and inlaid die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun dies! And love the custom patterned paper you stamped!

    ReplyDelete