Tuesday 31 May 2016

Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge # 10 - Addies Garden

I'm sneaking in with a few hours to spare to the Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge as I finally had a chance today to create my card.


Please bare with me for this blog post. Max has been home sick with his usual Winter chesty cough for the past few days, and over the last 2 hrs I've developed a very sore throat and feeling awful as the night goes on. I just wanted to get this linked before I crawled off to bed, so there may be the odd mistake.....

Luckily I have my own set of Addie's Garden, so was able to create my own card design for this challenge. I always go straight to the flowers when I use this set, so wanted to do something different and concentrate on the leaves instead. Would love to know what you think:


 I've never done so much masking and stamping in my life!! I marked with pencil on the card front where the die-cut negative would sit. I then stamped the pair of leaves twice on Inkadinkadoo Masking Paper and fussy cut them out. Then off I went stamping and masking, until I had covered the area needed.

I haven't used my pencils too much recently to colour, so I sat with Max on his bed this afternoon and coloured away while he played on his PS3. I had also stamped the flower on some white CS and coloured that as well with some pink pencils. After cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front, I die-cut the 'hi' from it and then popped it up with lots of foam tape. I fussy cut the flower and adhered to the card along with the sentiment (on foam tape) and some sequins. 

I'm so very happy with how it turned out and can't believe the leaves look (to me) almost 3-dimensional, as if they are sticking out over top of each other!! But maybe that's my very sore, sick and tired eyes hallucinating....

Along with the 'Addie's Garden' stamp set, I used the sentiment from 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' and the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to Seize the Birthday Challenge where I've added the topping of 'Dimension'.


Will also link to the AAA Card Challenge # 65 where they are celebrating their 2nd birthday!! I've always enjoyed this challenge, so here's to many more birthdays to come!!

 
Right, I'm off to bed! Can't imagine Max will be going to school tomorrow anyway, so if I wake up feeling like death, it won't matter. Hopefully he will be feeling better and can look after me for a bit!! Wish me luck!

Take care
Shona


 

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing! OMG, Love that BIG "HI" and all those leaves behind it! And a beautiful flower to top it off! WOW WOW!! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your dedication to the masking Shona! It turned out fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye-poppingly, Swoon-worth, gorgeous Shona. I never tire of your creations as they are so unique every time and beautifully CAS. Another great one in the bag and thanks for playing along in our birthday party challenge at AAA Cards. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you are under the weather!Hope you will feel better after a good night sleep!
    I absolutely adore your leafy die cut! The leaves do look three dimensional - great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the leaves background. The negative die cut has such an impact. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous design! Your efforts were worth it - well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radiant card, Shona and all that masking really was worth it! I hope Max is feeling better. Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete